Brewer Fanatic

Podcasts

Katuluu
Per today's Baseball Today podcast on ESPN, Seth Everett is out. . .going to pursue other things.

I thought he was a know-it-all and namedropper, so I'm fine with his departure.

Hoping they bring Peter Pascarelli back. . .

Oh man, bringing back Pascarelli would be golden. I won't get my hopes up, but I hope it happens.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New co-hosts with Karabell on Baseball Today. . .Keith Law is there Tue, Wed, Thurs. Mark Simon is there Mon & Fri.

By the way, Mark's father is autograph expert Richard Simon--virtually unknown outside of the autograph hobby, but a pretty significant guy within.

They didn't tap Pascarelli again, but I'm ready to give this new group a shot.

New co-hosts with Karabell on Baseball Today. . .Keith Law is there Tue, Wed, Thurs. Mark Simon is there Mon & Fri.

By the way, Mark's father is autograph expert Richard Simon--virtually unknown outside of the autograph hobby, but a pretty significant guy within.

They didn't tap Pascarelli again, but I'm ready to give this new group a shot.

While it would have been fantastic to have Pascarelli back, couldn't ask for better co-hosts than Keith Law and Mark Simon. Law is one of my favorite baseball writers and Simon was a guest every Wednesday on Baseball Today last season, very stat oriented guy. I think this will be better than the show with Everett who I did not mind too much.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

just found a new one that has entered my weekly rountine, for fans of the sklar brothers or cheap seats, they have a weekly podcast thats pretty good

http://www.earwolf.com/show/sklarbro-country

Oh yeah! I jumped on that right away, seen them post on facebook that they were starting a podcast and I was very excited. I love when they host the Jim Rome Show and it is pretty much the same thing. Big Sklar fan.
Yes! They read my e-mail on the TJ Miller episode and made fun of me a lot, which I loved. HENDERSON!!!!!

Here's my regular podcast rotation:

Adam Carolla show

Adam will be in Milwaukee at the Pabst Theatre on April 29th.

The Film Vault

This Week with Larry Miller

Larry is such a fantastic storyteller. If you love baseball, seek out Larry's 3rd episode entitled Hey Fatso! You will not be able to listen to it without a smile on your face. He tells a great story about his time on the set of the movie The Final Season.

The Art of Wrestling with Colt Cabana

One of my new favorites.

Bob and Brian

I work 3rd shift and am sleeping when the show is on the air, so this is the best alternative.

Sklarbro Country

Why Chris Cox isn't more famous is beyond me. Most comics/comedians can only do one or two voice impressions. Chris can do a whole bunch. I love his impressions of Sam Elliott, Snoop Dogg, Jerry Jones, and Owen Wilson.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Not sure what took me so long but started listening to the Nerdist Podcast with Chris Hardwick recently. He gets a lot of cool guests. Really missing the Up and In Podcast, damn Goldstein for having to go get that scouting director job with the Astros. For wrestling podcasts the PW Torch Livcasts each day are pretty sweet.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Definitely check out The CrabFeast with Ryan Sickler and Jay Larson. Two funny guys who tell stories and have guests on who have great stories too. I would put their catchphrase here but half of it wouldn't pass the cuss filter. Five stars though.

I really enjoy Fantasy Focus (ESPN). I listen to both football and baseball (I don't even play fantasy baseball but enjoy the show). CNET top 5 is ok. I would sometimes listen to best of Van Pelt, but I usually catch the show now.

This one is really dorky but a podcast called Garden Fork is pretty entertaining. It's a DIY/Cooking/Gardening show. I can barely do anything when it comes to DIY but enjoy cooking and some gardening. He's from WI but now lives out east and most of his episodes are experiments on what he's doing. I can appreciate that it rarely goes right, but always ends up working. Like I said, not for everyone because he's kind of goofy, but non the less works for me.

• 2 months later...

ESPN changed their daily baseball podcast, with Buster Olney replacing the Eric Karabell/Keith Law/Mark Simon team.

So far, its a couple of weeks old, but I'm not a big fan of the change.

Buster plays it like a beat writer, with various beat writer guests. Karabell addressed the show like a fan/fantasy/ columnist & the new show is almost void of humor & fun.

I'll stick with it for awhile longer, but its a pretty hard listen right now.

Yeah the new "Baseball Tonight" is not near as good as "Baseball Today" was, but I am sticking with it. Here is my current podcast's I am downloading:

Adam Carolla Show

Armchairs & Earphones

Art of Wrestling

Baseball America

Baseball Show w/ Rany & Joe

Bernie's Crew

Pro Wrestling Torch Livecast

Baseball Tonight

BS Report

Joe Rogan Experience

Live Audio Wrestling

The Prodcast

Wrestling Observer Live

Marc Maron

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Yeah the new "Baseball Tonight" is not near as good as "Baseball Today" was, but I am sticking with it. Here is my current podcast's I am downloading:

Adam Carolla Show

Armchairs & Earphones

Art of Wrestling

Baseball America

Baseball Show w/ Rany & Joe

Bernie's Crew

Pro Wrestling Torch Livecast

Baseball Tonight

BS Report

Joe Rogan Experience

Live Audio Wrestling

The Prodcast

Wrestling Observer Live

Marc Maron

That is a lot of listening.

I just discovered the Colt Cabana one and listened to a few this weekend on some long flights. I don't think I'll listen to all the new ones, but I'll listen if he's got some big name guests.

The rest of my daily pod is:

The Tony Kornheiser Show

MLB.com Fantasy 411

Baseball Tonight

I'll listen to about half of the Bill Simmons shows

Mike Francesa WFAN when he has a baseball guest

Steve Somers WFAN his opening monologues & when he has a baseball guest.

That gets me through driving, doing the laundry & dishes, shoveling snow, etc.

Yeah I have a big library on my iTunes, but I don't listen to every episode of each one I subscribe to. Only ones I listen to every episode of are Adam Carolla, Baseball Show, Bernie's Crew, Live Audio Wrestling & Baseball Tonight. Most of the other ones it depends on the guest or topic.

I to enjoy listening in my car and doing things around the house, but I mainly listen at work.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Do you listen to the other LAW shows? I love Review-a-Wai, Review-a-Raw, and Review-an-Impact. And I always listen to Japanese Audio Wrestling when they post new episodes because WH Park is great. Honestly, I pretty much just listen to wrestling podcasts. Aside from those, I also listen to all the Observer/Figure 4 Weekly shows since I sub to the site, the Place to Be Podcast (reviewing all WWF/E PPV's in order, plus other special episodes once in a while), Wrestlespective, What a Maneuver! (the Monday Night War from '96 on), Where The Big Boys Play (reviewing all NWA/WCW PPV's and supershows in chronological order), and the pretty much always great Old School Wrestling Podcast. I used to listen to all the Torch stuff, too, but Wade Keller is so insufferable/stupid that I can only tolerate the Bruce Mitchell weekend shows at this point.

I listen to the Sunday night LAW show and Review-A-Raw. Love both of those. It's funny, the only Torch podcasts I listen to are the Tuesday and Friday shows when Keller hosts. I actually really like Wade Keller. I subscribed to Observer for a month just to try it, really loved all the audio shows, but I didn't keep the sub going. Wasn't sure if I wanted to pay $10 a month for it and I barely read the newsletters. I do still download all the free podcasts they post. Bryan Alvarez is pretty great, Meltzer to.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Those Livecasts really aren't that bad, I guess, because Jason Powell is pretty good on Tuesdays and Wade is a really good interviewer for the Friday shows. Always like the shows when Waltman is on.

My favorite show from the Observer family has actually become Dr. Keith Presents. I guess because I have become a much bigger fan of the indies and Japan than I used to be and because those shows are funnier. With the rest of the shows, Alvarez annoys me sometimes, but I will always love Big Dave. I usually only listen to Observer Live when it is like a pregame for a PPV, but I like Sempervive a lot as well.

• 1 month later...

Now that it's baseball season (and thus my wrestling "season" is pretty much over), this is pretty much my listening:

ESPN Fantasy Focus

CBS Fantasy Baseball Today

CBS Eye on Baseball Rumors (stupid name, but really good - sort of like the FanGraphs podcast but without the always-annoying Carson Cistulli)

Baseball Prospectus Effectively Wild (daily show)

Baseball Prospectus Fringe Average (dig it, not as awesome as KG was, but Ferrin brings a different/professional style)

The Baseball Show with Rany & Joe (this is my new favorite, and I have no idea how I hadn't discovered it before)

Are there any good baseball ones I am missing out on? I cannot stand Buster Olney, so I dropped out on that show after a couple of episodes. He's about the dirt worst. I don't need to hear him trying to draw some great yarns from Krukky.

Archived