Brewer Fanatic

Huntsville Stars Roadtrip

Just got back from a Huntsville Stars roadtrip. We left Nashville about mid day Saturday and caught the game that night. It was rainy for that game and most of the weekend for that matter. The Stars had a come from behind victory that was pretty cool. The Sunday game was the complete opposite. Huntsville led the game untill the 8th when some relief pitcher (#23, don't know the name because they do not display on the scoreboard or announce) was throwing grapefruits and gave up a million runs. There was a highlight for me though when Nashville fan favorite Vinny Rottino stepped into the on deck circle. I told Vinny to hit one back to Nashville and he launched a massive solo shot to centerfield, the deepest part of Joe Davis stadium, which I believe is 425 feet. There really is no reason why he shouldn't be playing at least the AAA level. They also let you tailgate in Huntsville, and you can't in Nashville.

Do any other posters on here make the trip down to Nashville or Huntsville? I did meet one of the Brewers batboys and some friends that made the trip from Milwaukee to Nashville recently. Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Nashville winters are WAY better than Milwaukee winters.

(#23, don't know the name because they do not display on the scoreboard or announce)
#23 is Donavan Hand and he didn't pitch Sunday. Derrick Ellison came in with 2 outs in the sixth and retired all six batters he face. Juan Sandoval (#25) came in with 2 outs in the 8th and got the 3rd out. The Jaxx didn't have a baserunner in the 8th but Sandoval struggled in the 9th, that's when West Tenn scored 5 runs. And you're right, they don't display names on the scoreboard but they did announce "Now pitching for the Stars ......." each time there was a change.

There really is no reason why he shouldn't be playing at least the AAA level.
I believe Rottino requested to go down to Huntsville so he could play everyday.

Although Vinny made an error in left field during the 9th inning debacle on Sunday, he had made a great sliding catch earlier in the game. He also made at least 2 outstanding plays at 1st base on Firday night, both of which saved runs and kept the game scoreless, leading to the 1-0 Stars win.

There really is no reason why he shouldn't be playing at least the AAA level.
Vinny was given a choice.... stay in Nashville and warm the bench with Carlos and Angel doing the plate, or go to Huntsville and play everyday. In Nashville he would be limited to Catcher, but in Huntsville he could work as a Utility player.

Archived