Brewer Fanatic

Wait, now there's bad blood with the Twins?

I noticed this blurb was bereft of actual quotes from the Twins, and the logic used is specious at best (plunking Mauer makes no sense whatsoever in that situation), so I tend to think this is just the beat writer trying to stir a pot, but anyway...

By the way, it wouldn't surprise me if someone with the Brewers gets plunked during the first game there on June 23. The two Twins who were hit had homered in the game - plus one of them is the all-world catcher. The last thing you want to see is someone with a hand or wrist problem try to swing a bat.

One Twins player reminded me that Justin Morneau was hit on the elbow during Saturday's game, so there's a case building.

Their fans also seem to think there was some purpose behind it...give me a break, fellas.

Lol, the Brewers are throwing at their wrists? Has baseball come so far that anytime someone gets hit, there has to be a reason behind it? If the twins want to plunk Fielder or Braun the first inning next series, be my guest, they need all the help they can get against the twins.

I'll believe that the players are smarter than this. Why in the world would we bring in our LOOGY, who has owned lefties this year, to plunk Mauer to load the bases, down one run late in the game? Because he had hit a homer earlier? Okay.

This is a choice line; "You can make a good argument that he threw a pitch that got more up and more in that he intended, an argument I'll be willing to buy if Crede is 100 percent soon." So if Crede isn't 100% soon then it was intentional? That's just how effective our guys are, if they hit you intentionally, you're down for good! Our pitchers send love letters, straight from their heart!

After watching the pitching for the Crew this weekend, I'm pretty sure they couldn't hit someone in the wrist on purpose if they had too. If that was possible...throwing on the black might be a bit more helpful.

Yep, most of the fans in the park football stadium seemed to be convinced that their sacred catcher was hit intentionlly. Meanwhile from that link it seems like Mauer thought he had swung at it.

Uninformed Twins fans? No way! Next thing you know, they're going to think that an offense based around little league hits constitues "playing the game the right way".

I only wish Stetter had good enough control to be able to target a player's wrist. He'd be like Mariano Rivera Mark DiFelice and Billy Wagner COMBINED.

Archived