Brewer Fanatic

Bradley says umps out to ruin Milton Bradley

• 2 weeks later...
Looks like Bradley may have had another incident today:

Bradley and Pinella Exchange Words

He was pulled from the game after a 6th inning at-bat and exchanging words with Pinella.

I didn't personally see it, so I can't say how heated it got.

I smiled the day the Cubs signed Bradley. January 8th, a day that will live in infamy (for Cubs fans!)

A round up from NSBB:

Lou Piniella told Milton Bradley to take his uniform off and go home. Bradley smashed the cooler and reacted angrily. They then had words in the clubhouse. Apparently throwing helmets and overreaction has been a common occurrence and Lou's been tired of it. No physical confrontation.

He's putting Bradley's name in the lineup tomorrow.

So it's ok when Lou throws a tantrum but not Milton?
Or Zambrano, for that matter.

Needless to say, the Milton Bradley Experience has been enjoyable to watch from the outside. It's like the equivalent of the Bears signing Terrell Owens, thinking they finally solved their problems at a position of need, only to see him under-perform and completely implode on multiple levels. The Cubs signed Bradley thinking he'd give them a power bat that can hit from the left side of the plate (they were so hung up on being too-right handed), knowing full well that he had the kind of personality that probably wouldn't play well in a large market. All we need is a teary-eyed press conference or two from Milton and we're set.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

crewcrazy wrote:

The Cubs signed Bradley thinking he'd give them a power bat that can hit from the left side of the plate (they were so hung up on being too-right handed), knowing full well that he had the kind of personality that probably wouldn't play well in a large market. All we need is a teary-eyed press conference or two from Milton and we're set.

Good thing our GM didn't get to hung up on something like that.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Archived