Brewer Fanatic

Bradley says umps out to ruin Milton Bradley

Chicago Cubs right fielder Milton Bradley lashed out at Major League Baseball's umpires Sunday, saying they are forcing him to swing at bad pitches by widening his strike zone.

Bradley, suspended one game last month after an argument with umpire Larry Vanover, said he thought other umps were getting back at him for the incident.

"Unfortunately, I just think it's a lot of 'Oh, you did this to my colleague,' or 'We're going to get him any time we can," Bradley said, according to the Chicago Tribune. "As soon as he gets two strikes, we're going to call whatever and see what he does. Let's try to ruin Milton Bradley.'

"It's just unfortunate. But I'm going to come out on top. I always do."

Link

Bradley is pure joy.

I just read that article and had a good chuckle. I'm sure it is not just you, Milton. There are a ton of terrible strike zones in the National League.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

• 3 weeks later...
If it weren't for those damn umpires and media types hating on Milton Bradley, he would have known how many outs there were yesterday. Did anyone see the post game interview? He acted as if it was no big deal and stated that he was not embarrassed. To his credit he said he had done a lot in the past to be embarrassed about, but this was not one of those incidents. I guess when you're a moron most of the time, something like this would be pretty low on the totem pole.

No one has posted it on You Tube yet? Dang, I was going to make it my screen saver. I was watching the game, and I started howling so loud, they thought I was being attacked. The fan reaction, especially the close up of the one guy booing and waving his arms in disgust was priceless. After seeing that, I can now die a happy man.

I saw this live and found it to be pretty funny. My wife even said, "WHAT IS HE DOING?" I told her he was being Milton Bradley. Then I went on to tell her about the beer bottle in LA, the ACL in SD...quite a fun conversation. I just wish the sCrubs fan would have been heads up enough to throw it back at him.

Cubs fans always say how "cocky" Ryan Braun is. While yes I agree he has some growing up to do.... at least his reactions are to game winning home runs and such.

The way Bradley posed and caught that over his shoulder..... wow, that may have been one of the most arrogant things I have ever seen. Of course you'll never see a Cubs fan admit that.

see, I just did not see it as arrogance at all. You can see him clearly letting out a sigh of relief as he looks to the fans after making the catch. I think he clearly thought that was the third out and was just happy he didn't goof up again. Was it embarrassing? Sure it was--after the fact. I didn't see it as posturing or anything when I saw it.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

see, I just did not see it as arrogance at all. You can see him clearly letting out a sigh of relief as he looks to the fans after making the catch. I think he clearly thought that was the third out and was just happy he didn't goof up again. Was it embarrassing? Sure it was--after the fact. I didn't see it as posturing or anything when I saw it.
I'm not even talking about the throw in the stands. As the ball comes he catches it over his shoulder and stands there and poses, "Oh look at me, I can catch a routine fly ball..."

A friend who is a Cub fan told me Bradley lost a flyball in the sun earlier in the game and that was why he caught the ball like he did. I have no idea of the veracity of the story it was just one theory from a Cub fan.

When I saw it I didn't think he was posturing or showing off. He had a miserable couple of innings losing a ball in the sun and he also had a baserunning gaffe. The deep breath was a sigh of relief after actually doing something right in the game; he was just too stupid to remember he only had 1 out before the catch, not 2.

I was perplexed this winter that the media unanimously hailed the Bradley signing as a smart move. He's had 10 years of major league service but only twice has he surpassed the miminum plate appearances for a batting title. Last year was one of those seasons because he had 415 plate appearances as a DH. Because of injuries and suspensions he's been a parttime player his entire career.

It was a stupid move for the Cubs. He's not a $10 million a year player. Not one media type called them out for this.

Archived