Brewer Fanatic

Counsell / Villanueva for Teahan -- Poster's Proposal

I think CV is going to be a great pitcher. That said I also think he is going to start the year in AAA(maybe we could give Vargas just the same - but I dont think the Royals would be so interested). I dont think Teahen blocks Braun but rather allows the Brewers to keep him in AAA until his glove matches his Bat.

Just an idea - hoping for discussion.

I suspect the Royals will watch their guys for a while to see who pans out. For the first time in forever, they have a solid group of young guys to run out there. Some will pan out, some will not....if they do decide to move Teahen, why not wait until you're sure of what your needs truly are for the longterm?

I see no reason at all for them to rush into moving Teahen, if he does the job in the OF, he's filling a need for them, and he hasn't gotten too expensive to keep yet.

I have no idea why the Royals would accept this, but if they wanted to, I'd be all over it. Teahen may not be Alex Gordon, but he had a pretty decent year last year, and is still young. But as previously mentioned, Counsell can't be traded for a couple months.

I don't see the Royals moving a good young solid hitter for that price. They have his rights for a while so don't have to take a below market trade to get something in return.

IF you would get him, they would have to decide is where Braun is going to play. No need to start moving guys around each spring.

Though this link says it's June 16 this year
The CBA is full of stuff like "before" June 16th or "after" June 15th. It's too much to remember and not worth looking up when you can safely post "around" June 15th.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Archived