Brewer Fanatic

2009 Softball injuries

Hammer

It has been a strange year already (2 weeks in) for our league. I've seen 1 broken hand, on a dude that didn't even leave the game, I personally have a raspberry the entire length of my forearm from getting tripped while crossing 1st, and a female from the ladies league got spiked in the forehead...requiring 15 stitches. So, the question is this: What injuries have y'all suffered this year so far? Anything fun to talk about?

Hammer

@BrewCrewCritic on Twitter "Racing Sausages" - "Huh?"

I haven't had or seen anything worthy of mentioning this season. I haven't slid into a base yet so I don't have a raspberry on my leg yet. It happens every year so now that I'm talking about it, I'm sure it will happen next game.

A couple years ago I saw a guy dislocate his knee rounding first. It was the worst thing I ever saw in person and it made a loud popping noise that I could hear about 50 yards away. 4 years ago I dislocated a finger in two places sliding into second base head first. When it happened, it felt like I just stubbed it and I didn't even notice until I went to brush the dust off my shorts and I couldn't move that finger. It took me a full year before it stopped hurting and I had full movement back in it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've got a partial tear in my calf muscle, in the same charity softball tournament that I tore rib cartlidge in last year, costing big chunks of both seasons.

Still not as bad as a stretch we had two years ago - one teammate busted a foreman when laying out for a flyball and rolling over akwardly on it and another had his nose shattered in 6 spots from a bad infield hop at third base (only playing third because the regular 3B moved to that outfield spot while stitches in his chin healed from bad hop a few weeks earlier).

Archived