Brewer Fanatic

Duffy outrighted; Accepts assignment

DiFelice also made it because of his success in Milwaukee last year in limited innings along with good minor league numbers.

Jorge Julio has nine lives. He's somehow managed to make it through another series.

McGehee was also a guy who had a huge spring, FWIW.

Duffy showed some nice defense and patience at the plate. If he is able to get some consistent at-bats in the minors he may not be a bad guy to have around just in case, provided he can't/doesn't elect for free agency.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Duffy was put in an impossible situation. He barely played at all last year (just 30 games), hadn't seen the majors in 2 years and even at his best was a marginal ML bat. I hope he accepts the assignment because he can be useful depth. But he needs to play.

The one thing that sticks in my head about him... I believe it was a couple years ago when Duffy was a member of the Pirates. He hit a dinger off of Sheets, and the reaction shot of Sheets clearly showed him saying "Chris *bleep*ing Duffy."

That's how I'll always remember him at least.

Archived