Brewer Fanatic

David Eckstein and his grit

I know a lot of posters here love David Eckstein and think that a middle infield combo of Counsell and Eckstein would be the greatest crime fighting team in the history of the earth. I ran across this video while looking at the footage of Gwynn Jr. and his debut in San Diego... check out the play Eckstein makes. Find the video marked as "Eckstein loses the ball in the lights"... the legend continues.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/ga...b_sdnmlb_1&mode=wrap

I know a lot of posters here love David Eckstein and think that a middle infield combo of Counsell and Eckstein would be the greatest crime fighting team in the history of the earth. I ran across this video while looking at the footage of Gwynn Jr. and his debut in San Diego... check out the play Eckstein makes. Find the video marked as "Eckstein loses the ball in the lights"... the legend continues.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/ga...b_sdnmlb_1&mode=wrap

I don't know which board you're talking about, but all I can remember reading here are people saying that Eckstein is over hyped for the player he is. Although that was a pretty funny play, and I couldn;t have done a better job spoofing a color commentary on Eckstein if I tried.

I think it's more tongue in cheek than anything. Ned Yost always talked on the grittiness of Kendall and Counsell... so a lot of regulars here make fun of that and add some other players from around the league into the discussion and Eckstein is the first to be mentioned.

I know a lot of posters here love David Eckstein

How is this poster/blasphemer not banned? Why can he say things like this?... I feel violated.

Ned Yost always talked on the grittiness of Kendall and Counsell... so a lot of regulars here make fun of that and add some other players from around the league into the discussion and Eckstein is the first to be mentioned.

Uecker gushes about Eckstein.

Daron Sutton is the reason Juan Pierre gets made fun of so much around here.

Well, that, and he sucks.

Not nearly enough gritty battlerness.

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

Wouldn't that play be the infield fly rule?

Not with just a runner on first. It's still the batter responsiblity to run it out to 1st base.

edit: By the way, at the risk of being banned from the sight, I like Eckstein. I realize his numbers are not good. However, the manner in which he plays the game is closer to how the player played the game that I grew up watching (Brett, Yount, Gwynn type players). Not so worried aobut his image that he's afraid to hustle once in a while.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

There's a difference between liking Eckstein and thinking he's good. From my impression, you simply like his style of play and his attitude. Those are two things I can commend about him.

As soon as someone says he's good, though...

There's a difference between liking Eckstein and thinking he's good. From my impression, you simply like his style of play and his attitude. Those are two things I can commend about him.

As soon as someone says he's good, though...

You are correct. Although, I know from previous threads regarding Eckstien, there are some that do not like his style of play. I don't really understand that.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Archived