Brewer Fanatic

I love MLB Network

44Fishy

I don't live in the local area, so I don't get the Crew on tv often-

knowing that MLB Network has been cutting live to cover Hoffman close out games lately, I just flipped it on after following the first 8 innings using GameDay on mlb.com-

Sure enough, they had the 9th inning and I got to see that awesome play Kendall made-

WOW!!!

I can't recall a more risky, more athletic, more amazing play by a catcher-

it's so cool that I got to see that live-

Thank you MLB Network!

I didn't like the idea of an exclusive channel at first, and the MLB Network doesn't have much love for the Crew outside of Hoffman that I've seen, but I do really enjoy it. I've been tending to have it on during the weeknights. It's great to be able to jump into every game when something is happening. I haven't turned on Baseball Tonight since the first week or so of the season.

grumble grumble Dish Network still not carrying this channel and I'd really love to know what you mean grumble grumble. Reminder to my Dish brothers, keep emailing in that you want it...it could work....

I have wondered how "live" these look-ins are, however. Every time they seem to do once, "something" happens in the game, as if it was "cued up" like BBTN Updates. Maybe it was just a coincidence, though, that this seems to occur. I only remember one time (that I've watched, at least) that a live look-in resulted in some balls/strikes/foul balls before the ball was put into play.

Otherwise, yes, I love the MLB Network. I haven't watched BBTN once this season.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

MLB Network seems like a pipe dream to us dish network types, if I hadn't signed another 2 year commitment I would have definitely jumped ship for Direct TV due to this MLB fiasco for dish.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

I have wondered how "live" these look-ins are, however. Every time they seem to do once, "something" happens in the game, as if it was "cued up" like BBTN Updates. Maybe it was just a coincidence, though, that this seems to occur. I only remember one time (that I've watched, at least) that a live look-in resulted in some balls/strikes/foul balls before the ball was put into play.

Otherwise, yes, I love the MLB Network. I haven't watched BBTN once this season.

I've seen plenty of live look-ins where it's a situation like two on, two out and the batter grounds out.

My only issue with MLB Network (and it's not like it wasn't expected) is that the programming is very repetitive. It's highlight and the Cubs/Pirates game from 1991 all day.

Ya, I've seen plenty of the look-ins that don't result in any runs. The ones they know what happens are the updates like Baseball Tonight has.

Outside of the live show at night, I haven't watched much of MLB Network. I like that they're playing Ken Burns' Baseball, and some classic games, but I've never seen any Sportscenter type show during the day. Maybe there is one, but I've never noticed it. You would think they'll add something like that during the season at some point.

And the live show can get repetitive too. They like to look in at certain games a lot and then talk about them.

Also, Mitch Williams really doesn't like the Brewers untucking their jerseys, he makes jabs at that a lot. It's pretty funny to see what a homer he is for the Phillies.

I LOVE MLB Network when games are going on. I enjoy watching all of them sit around and talk baseball while the games are going on, getting near instant highlights and doing the live look-ins. Last night's 9th inning was so cool. I don't remember the last time I even had ESPN on to watch Sportscenter or Baseball Tonight. Very cool channel.

I've never seen any Sportscenter type show during the day. Maybe there is one, but I've never noticed it. You would think they'll add something like that during the season at some point.
From 6:00am to noon, the one-hour show, Quick Pitch, is replayed. It's a baseball "Sportscenter." They also play it at 1:00am and 2:00am.

And the live show can get repetitive too. They like to look in at certain games a lot and then talk about them.
I've noticed the most repetitiveness in the live look-ins late at night, but that's understandable, since it's just west coast games at that point. I've seen a lot of Dodgers, Giants, and D-backs highlights this season.

Two nights ago they did a live look in just as the manager came out and changed pitchers. It was pretty funny and they had a good time mocking the timing of that one.

It's pretty easy to do the live look in. They have people watching all the games and as soon as something looks like it could happen they go to it. Couple runners on base with a good hitter coming up? Cut to the game. Bases loaded, score tied? Cut to the game. Pujols coming up? Cut to the game.

It may look contrived but when I had ExtraInnings all those years, I'd do essentially the same thing. Flip the channels until I saw something going on, then stay with it until the 3rd out.

From 6:00am to noon, the one-hour show, Quick Pitch, is replayed. It's a baseball "Sportscenter." They also play it at 1:00am and 2:00am.

That's good to know. I must just keep missing it then. I tend to turn it on at lunch, but it's always classic games.

I've noticed the most repetitiveness in the live look-ins late at night, but that's understandable, since it's just west coast games at that point. I've seen a lot of Dodgers, Giants, and D-backs highlights this season.

This is certainly true, but I haven't understood why they don't breakdown the completed games more then. They'll let you know when a game goes final, but then that might be the last time they talk about that game on the live show.

Matt Vasgersian was on the D-List yesterday and he kind of poked fun of ESPN only catering to a handful of teams. He said something along the lines of "We make a point in our meetings to decide that we aren't going to lead off with a story about how Joba Chamberlain got a massage this morning, or how Mariano Rivera ran a couple laps around Yankee Stadium today."

It is nice that MLB Network seems to get that they're supposed to cover all the teams.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

This is certainly true, but I haven't understood why they don't breakdown the completed games more then. They'll let you know when a game goes final, but then that might be the last time they talk about that game on the live show.

You're right. I was up doing work last night and had MLB on to catch Brewers highlights (why do we do that when we just watched the game?). They just kept talking about the games in progress and I eventually gave up and went to bed.

I just got into the MLB network last week and I love it. My wife hates it though. While ESPN is doing their usual 20 minutes of Yankees and Red Sox coverage, MLB was breaking down pitching matchups for all the Brewers v Astros. Sunday nights are the best. They go through the entire weekend series for every series played (with highlights from every game for Friday through Sunday).

I don't have it at my place, but my fiance has digital cable, and has the channel. I love it. It's just one more reason for me not to watch baseball tonight/Sportscenter when i can watch QUALITY baseball coverage of all the teams West of the Hudson river. For those of you who are on Dish, keep writing them asking for it. It's worth every letter you send them.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

My only beef with the channel is that Charter has it in their digital package, so I can only get it in the living room but not upstairs in our bedroom. I'd get another cable box for our bedroom, but Charter wants to rake me over the coals on that one.

Ah well, still a good channel when I get to watch it.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

My only beef with the channel is that Charter has it in their digital package, so I can only get it in the living room but not upstairs in our bedroom. I'd get another cable box for our bedroom, but Charter wants to rake me over the coals on that one.

Ah well, still a good channel when I get to watch it.

Yeah, same here. At least Comcast (Atlanta) gave it to me in HD. What's stupid is that they recently moved the History Channel to a digital tier. Thanks, Comcast!

The channel has been everything I hoped and dreamed for. I love the live look ins and the constant highlights and baseball talk each night. I also enjoy everyone of the people they have working for the channel, they all seem smart and bring good insight. It was also nice when Time Warner added the HD channel.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

• 1 month later...
*BUMP*

Just got a notice in the mail that Charter will be adding MLB Network in HD (along with three other HD channels) effective August 5th. Woohoo!

In Madison it'll be on channel 666. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/eyes.gif
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived