Brewer Fanatic

TGJ to SD; Jody Gerut to MKE

Invader3K
  • Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DeRosa is still playing in the Indians/Royals game going on right now, so I'm kind of doubting it's him...
Yeah, I admit I looked, too. All this speculation takes me back to the "Dunn is coming! Wise and Turnbow just ran back into the clubhouse!" days...
That one got silly pretty quick. "A radio station (with no call letters) reports..." etc.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

With the Padres potentially giving up officially today (even though they gave up before the season started), I'll venture a wild guess and say its David Eckstein for virtually nothing in return, making Cravid Counstein the Brewers lead off man and everyday 2B (Of course I have no idea what SD has behind him, or if they'd even have anyone to play 2B once he left.)

I like the Willie harris idea consider if any team is out of it's the nationals. But I heard that Harris is their starting CF with Dukes out. Kelly Johnson would be a decent idea but that would seem to signal the Braves waving the white flag, which they don't do this early.

Hmmm.

Yeah, just saw that from MLB Trade Rumors as well.

"While rumors continue to swirl about a possible Jake Peavy deal to the Chicago White Sox, the Padres have made another trade today to bring a local favorite home. Sources close to the situation have told 619sports.net that the Padres have acquired outfielder Tony Gwynn Jr. from the Milwaukee Brewers in exchange for outfielder Jody Gerut. The deal has not yet been announced by the team but Gwynn Jr. has been informed of the trade. "

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Outstanding deal for the Brewers. Bad news for Chris Duffy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

Yeah, just saw that from MLB Trade Rumors as well.

"While rumors continue to swirl about a possible Jake Peavy deal to the Chicago White Sox, the Padres have made another trade today to bring a local favorite home. Sources close to the situation have told 619sports.net that the Padres have acquired outfielder Tony Gwynn Jr. from the Milwaukee Brewers in exchange for outfielder Jody Gerut. The deal has not yet been announced by the team but Gwynn Jr. has been informed of the trade. "

Another lefty? http://sports.espn.go.com...rs/profile?playerId=4615

I call shenanigans.

If it is Gerut I like the trade a lot. Some will look at his BA and OBP and be extremely disappointed but he has a .920 OPS on the road this year. He has been awful at home aided in part by the park I am sure and in part do an almost impossible .158 BAbip. That is crazy. On the road it is .318 which is more normal and his number look nice.

Now we have two left handed Duffys. We can call one Duffy1 and the other Duffy2.

Gwynn for Gerut is a fine deal. Gerut has shown more in the bigs than Gwynn has. It'll also give the Padres a little good PR to offset the Peavy trade.

Archived