Brewer Fanatic

TGJ to SD; Jody Gerut to MKE

Invader3K

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Its hard to imagine what this could be. I'd be disappointed if they went out and got a second basemen now as I'd prefer to see the in house options (McGahee, Irabarren, Gamel) be given oppurtunities first.

Derosa was traded to Cleveland this off season. He's making $5.5mm this year, last year of the deal. I'd love it if this was the announcement, but I'm with the people that are speculating that it's something minor.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

DeRosa?

What kind of contract did he sign with Cleveland? Is it that likely that Cleveland would trade him 40 games into his contract?

He was traded to Cleveland so he is still on his Cubs contract. He is a free-agent after this year if I remember correctly. We would be on the books for approximately 3 million if it was him. I would love to get DeRosa

He was traded to Cleveland so he is still on his Cubs contract. He is a free-agent after this year if I remember correctly. We would be on the books for approximately 3 million if it was him. I would love to get DeRosa
Ah, did not realize this was an offseason trade rather than a free agent signing. Sounds like a perfect solution, good fill-in at 2nd/anywhere, not too expensive, leaves at the end of the year for draft picks when we get Rickie back. Count me in the group that would love this, depending on the price, of course.
I am not Shea Vucinich

DeRosa is still playing in the Indians/Royals game going on right now, so I'm kind of doubting it's him...
Yeah, I admit I looked, too. All this speculation takes me back to the "Dunn is coming! Wise and Turnbow just ran back into the clubhouse!" days...

Archived