Brewer Fanatic

Brewerfan.net interviews Brooks Kieschnick

really fun read. since Brooks was a back-end bullpen guy and pinch-hitter, i always figured there were always fans at whatever stadium who weren't aware of his unique skillset, so it was a kick to imagine their reactions when they'd see a bullpen guy come up to pinch hit or vice versa--and on top of that, do really well at it.

Brooks strikes me as a guy who would make an awesome colour commentator--not just for his enthusiasm, but he would have a unique expertise on both hitters and pitchers.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, that was great--I loved Brooks unfiltered honesty there.

And I thought him and Todd were gonna collapse in tears and bro-hugs for a minute there--"I love you, man," etc etc

He was one of those guys that made some bad teams worth watching--glad to know he felt the love

Awesome stuff! I can't imagine a Brewer fan that wasn't a Brooks fan too. He was so fun to watch. I wish they would have hung on to him a little longer. I really hope he decides to be involved with this site. I'd love to hear from him some more. Great interview.

That's the best interview I've read on this site and it sure doesn't hurt that Kiesch is such a fan of Milwaukee. I'm not one to buy jerseys, but I've always wanted a Kieschnick jersey. Good stuff Todd.

I'm probably the only guy I've ever seen at MP with a 55 Kieschnick jersey on. I knew when I was getting one, that I wanted one of my heroes, who would never let me down by leaving the Crew and joining the Yanks or Cubs, so the Tool Shed's jersey seemed the natural choice!

Great interview, Todd. Nice to see some props for Milwaukee, and also for Yost, who according to some here, had no redeeming qualities...

To everyone one on the site, I want all of you to know that I everything I said came from the heart and that I would love the opportunity to be involved with the Brewer organization and the city of Milwaukee again some day. Those 2 years spent in Milwaukee made me realize why I love the game of baseball and what it stands for. Hope y'all enjoyed the interview and I would be happy to answer anymore questions that y'all might have.

Loved the interview, makes me miss the bombs he hit.

I remember one time in particular Baseball Tonight showed him miss the ball by about a foot, and then crank the next pitch over 400 feet (against the Twins maybe, not sure exactly). Great memories, thanks Brooks!

Favorite Brooks Kieschnick moment. I think it was June or July of 2003. The Brewers and Cubs are going to extras in Wrigley. Kieschnick leads off the inning and smacks a homer to give the Brewers the lead. The Brewers ended up scoring a bunch of runs in the 10th, but Brooks' homer was the game winner and it was against the Cubs which made it extra sweet. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Welcome Brooks! You have no idea how exciting it is to have you as a member of this site. Loved your interview and loved watching you play. I have a couple questions for you.

After reading your interview and looking at your career stats you definitely deserved a better shot than the Cubs gave you. I was wondering who you played with or knew of that deserved a shot and never really got a good look in the pros?

How do you feel about the Brewers retro uniforms? Did you get a sense that the organization or the fans were looking back or hanging on to the early 80's teams too much?

Can you give us a stadium or two that you loved playing in and a stadium or two that you just didn't like playing in?

Thanks so much and we're thrilled to have you as a member of this site!

Brooks that was a great interview! We're all glad to have you here! I enjoyed every minute of your time here in Milwaukee, and wish you were back here. Thanks for the interview, it was great. I'm glad that you think so highly of this town and the fans. It really means a lot to me as a fan to hear that from a former player. Thanks a lot Brooks!
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

Wow. Just wow. Great interview. Brooks, you were always one of my favorites, and I was stunned when they let you go. I'm glad to see you here.

I'd better just quit typing now, before I really start to babble.

That is an awesome interview. Thanks for posting it and all of the hard work that went into it. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

The Toolshed was always one of my favorite players in the dark ages of the 'crew. I was definitely disappointed when he was released but I always saw that move as the one move that indicated maybe we were finally turning the corner, as if we're getting rid of someone good, hopefully the people we're keeping are good also. I am glad to read Brooks enjoyed his stay here as much we we enjoyed him. I remember my friend and I would stay around at complete blowouts until the last at bat because we knew Yost would use Kiesch as the last batter in the 9th.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Thanks for inviting me to join the site.
I ran all over NE WI today and missed this? What was a horrible day has quickly become my best bf.net day evah! How sweet is this?

Welcome to the site Brooks!

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Archived