Brewer Fanatic

To all Brewer fans...

It DOES NOT make me lesser of a Brewers fan, just a smarter ballhawk.

FACT: That is an opinion. It does question how big of a Brewer fan you are. You're putting your hobby ahead of the team and bringing bad press for Brewers and their fans.

FACT: The glove trick is NOT illegal. Nor is it stealing. It's simply obtaining a ball that would not normally be attainable by the use of some sort of device.

So if there's a car that isn't normally attainable, but I know how to hot wire it...does that make it right? I know you can't compare the two, but you're stealing and that's a FACT. I've been to a lot of baseball games and I've seen people kicked out for that or even trying to do that. Do you steal players gum or seeds too with this 'trick'?

It will never cease to amaze me how people use the anonymity of the internet to say things they never would to someone's face.

Unbelievable. I thought this board was civil up until these two threads.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

It will never cease to amaze me how people use the anonymity of the internet to say things they never would to someone's face.

I hope you realize that the criticism of HY is not only limited here on BF.net -- He is getting picked apart for his behavior on TV, by the AP, all over other people's blogs etc. HY wrote a post, he is being foolish, if he thought it wouldn't be responded to in the manner in which it was.

HY actions were in fact called out by a lot of people at the time it happened. He has been called to the table in every forum, I don't know what internet anonymity has to do with anything.

People rip on Joe Morgan for what he says or writes all the time -- how is this any different?

Unbelievable. I thought this board was civil up until these two threads.

I would challenge you to read some other forums/blogs and read some of the things said about the HY there, and you will see that this discussion is quite civil in comparison.

Bingo. FtJ is right. Go over to the thread discussing HY on Dead Spin and see how relatively civil this conversation is. I know discussions like this don't make some comfortable...but we shouldn't have to walk on egg shells around here with everything, either. At least that's my opinion. This is a national news story, and HY decided to bring it up again by starting this thread. Just because he's posted here a few times in the past or is a self-proclaimed "#1 Brewers fan" doesn't mean we shouldn't be able to call him out for behavior many of us disagree with.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

I wasn't going to comment here again on this topic, but you're mistaken if you think I wouldn't say this to his face, because I absolutely would. Like I said in the first thread, I would expect his friends to defend him in public but privately I'd hope they'd question his actions and discuss it with him.

I don't see any "internet tough guy" syndrome on display in either thread and I deal with it regularly on XBOX Live and in the past as a beta tester for WOW and tester/player of Everquest. There's a difference between pointed observation and personal attack, furthermore it's not reasonable to assume one can make public statements and then be spared the consequences of his statements and actions.

edit. Well at least until recently in the thread there wasn't a comment I would have classified as a personal attack.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Well, my user profile has a link to my website, which has my full name and a map to my house, if anybody really cares.

Enjoy your ban hammer rm.

Lock this thread, and lets move on. The more we talk about it, the more this negative incident exists in the internets ether. Lets just move on and hope that anyone else catching a rookie milestone ball doesn't botch it.

Apparently Pittsburgh takes batting practice all the way up till gametime?

FSN game intros (likely the blown up picture) are normally recorded 40-45 minutes prior to the time of airing (5 mins prior to first pitch).

I have begun to bring the opponent's gear

TOTALLY not necessary.

Fact: I live in Phoenix, AZ and have attended over a dozen Diamondback games this year at Chase Field sitting along the visitor's bullpen.

Fact: Chris Ianetta, Alan Embree, Ryan Franklin, Skip Schumacher, and Pablo Sandoval all have something in common.

Fact: All have thrown me balls this year during games while I wear a Braun T shirt and a Milwaukee Brewers cap.

Fact: Not a single player has ever said to me, "I'm not throwing you a ball because you don't have my team's gear on."

Well, my user profile has a link to my website, which has my full name and a map to my house, if anybody really cares.

Your reign of anonymous internet terror will be soon coming to a close...

In a mostly fun sort of way, that first sentence did read like, "Yeah, you want to go? Meet me at the oak tree in the courtyard after school." Got a couple of chuckles out of me this morning.

I think we all have our quirks, whether its just posting here, collecting autographs, bobbleheads, or memorabilia. While I don't understand the fascination of just catching baseballs, its his thing and thats fine. The problems I have is taking out any fan to get one (see the infamous spring training video against the dbacks, which has been removed from youtube unfortunately). He talks about not taking out women and children, even though the video shows him almost running over some picnicking women, but why should a guy have to be trampled so he can get a ball. I really don't care even what his demands were, even though I would not demand so much.

In a mostly fun sort of way, that first sentence did read like, "Yeah, you want to go? Meet me at the oak tree in the courtyard after school." Got a couple of chuckles out of me this morning.

Dude -- I am totally going to that guy's mom's basement and going to kick his rear.

I know I need to make some sort of Harry Potter reference as well, I don't know how it fits in though.

Your reign of anonymous internet terror will be soon coming to a close...

Oooh, I'll feel quite flattered.

Archived