Brewer Fanatic

Bring Back the Rally Rabbit

the original rally rabbit was the drummer for the green bay pop punk band Boris The Sprinkler, he started his schtick as the Rhythm Chicken and would play all over the place in Milwaukee. Bus stops, medians, parks, whatever.

The Brewers caught him on the Bay View parade, got in contact with him, and started calling him the Rally Rabbit. He did it for the money, but hated that his Rhythm Chicken name was being taken away so he quit. They were gonna do a bobblehead for him too.

The second rally rabbit was garbage, and basically reminded me of the Simpsons episode of Itchy Scratchy, and Pootchie. Totally cartooning a guy up and i always wanted to punch him in the face. So glad version 2.0 is gone.

Milwaukee is for the most part a working class town, and the original Bernie Brewer represented that, as did the first Rally Rabbit. By making these guys all touched up and cartoonish, it appeals to kids, but I think it takes something away from the city itself. Sure, we don't put much notice into anything if it's done up like that originally, but when there's the low budget mascot in street clothes and a rabbit head found in a dumpster (which is where Paul got the head), and then some remade version all fancy with the personality of a shoe, it really does lose a lot of its charm.

Archived