Brewer Fanatic

Bring Back the Rally Rabbit

I was talking to my friend tonight and somehow the topic of the rally rabbit was brought up. Does anybody know why he was disposed of? Also what was the overall impression of him, I personally loved him and thought he pumped up the crowd.

My friend and I always had a joke about the rally rabbit that by the time the rally rabbit showed up, the rally was over. I'd assume it got dumped because it was one of those temporary things that was once popular, but then dropped in popularity. I'm not sure of the official reason, though.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

I agree though, I did love that first Rally Rabbit, probably too much. Of course, in those years you were pretty much guaranteed a sighting.

They used to tow him around the parking lot before games on a trailer attached the back of a golf cart or something...I've got a few shots of me with one arm around the Rally Rabbit and the other holding on to a couple of beers. The Rally Rabbit was best enjoyed that way.

Does anybody know why he was disposed of?

Yes, because it was ridiculously stupid and cooler heads prevailed. It was so moronic it made us the laughing stock of the world. It was worse than those damn wedges of cheese someone thought of and now we get to see them every time there's ONE in a crowd of 60,000.

This was one of many examples of Wendy "hyphenated name's" BAD ideas. I don't ever want to see that scary rabbit around Miller Park again. We don't need something so stupid to rally the crowd (which is what we needed when we were losing 140 games a season).

Bring back the beer barrel!!!

I hated that thing and my friends knew it, so whenever we went to a game they always wanted to see it.
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

On last night's broadcast, the TV guys were noting how the Brewers always have an offensive outburst when they cut away for an interview w/ Coshun. Great line from Schroeder:

"Craig is our version of the rally monkey."

Yes, because it was ridiculously stupid and cooler heads prevailed. It was so moronic it made us the laughing stock of the world. It was worse than those damn wedges of cheese someone thought of and now we get to see them every time there's ONE in a crowd of 60,000.

this from a fan of a team that has a sausage race where 40,000 people will stand and watch a race of sausages. If anything, that thing is stupid, IMO. and laughing stock of the world? I'm sure nobody other than people in milwaukee even knew there was a rally rabbit.

What makes us the laughing stock of the world, a rabbit? I loved it and would perfer it to the rally monkey anyday. You wanna know the what the laughing stock of the league see the Pittsburgh Pierogy races. I was just in Pittsburgh to see the Brewers and Pirates and this may have been the dumbest thing I have ever seen.

Quote:
Also the dumbest thing that this team has ever done has been the new eigth inning chicken dance.

I second that, but I doubt it will go away anytime soon. The first time that was "unveiled" I said "oh, come on..." The person I was sitting with that day is a Brewers executive and she said that was part of new sponsorship deal with Brakebush chicken. I just shook my head.

20Fry : April 2006 - March 2012

Quote:
Bring back the Rabbit! It was so dumb it was awesome!

I'm with you here. A lot of ballpark festivities I look at and say thats stupid or awful or cheezy. But with the rally rabbit, it was so cheesey that it was funny. Too me that is what is necessary to be a good idea - it made me chuckle when I saw it.

It's kind of like old Japanese karate movies where the dubbed words are short while the guy is still talking.

Here's another example (the dramatic rodent):

youtube.com/watch?v=Q67DZRZVC9c

Ya I always thought it looked like they found a rabbit costume head at a garage sale and asked, "what can we do with this?"

Read the article

I thought it was another fun, goofy, irreverent thing in a ballpark that has a tradition of them (the Stein, "Roll Out the Barrell," Bernie and Bonnie Brewer, the Sausage Races)

If they bring back the rabbit, I want to also see Bonnie Brewer WITH the go-go boots and SHORT SHORTS!! And I want her to swat the umpire on the butt with her broom after sweeping third base.

Ok, now that may date me a little...... but I'm serious. No rabbit without Bonnie!!!

Archived