Brewer Fanatic

Today Is Tony La Russa Day.

Tony La Russa is a combination of Miller Huggins, Casey Stengel, Rasputin, Pope Innocent II and Adam Weishaupt.

How could any club possibly outsmart Him?

Especially one which has apparently burned the True Cross by pulling out its shirttails. Or had a young leftfielder in his ascendance who lingered on a jonrun. Or who managed to make it through a year without (edited because it would have been edited otherwise) or (also edited, since I like this Web site).

The Brewers should have been on their plane the time many read this, but La Russa, the Sun King, opted otherwise, in a move so calibrated to his classiness that one could have set the Nuclear Clock to its shabbiness.

And so, as I rarely appeal to the Baseball Gods, let Him have His meat. Let him be served a choking mouthful of a dish He has been cooking since he entered the bigs. Beat Him where He stands.

I pray to you, Warren Spahn, my Intercessor.

I understand people not liking LaRussa, but I thought "3 Nights in August" was a pretty good read. Forget that the book is basically a documentary of LaRussa managing a 3 game series against the Cubs. The book gives the reader a pretty good picture of what all MLB managers go through on a pitch by pitch bases.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
And so, as I rarely appeal to the Baseball Gods, let Him have His meat. Let him be served a choking mouthful of a dish He has been cooking since he entered the bigs. Beat Him where He stands.
Given he's a vegetarian, I guess we should say let Him have His soy.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

The Brewers should have been on their plane the time many read this, but La Russa, the Sun King, opted otherwise, in a move so calibrated to his classiness that one could have set the Nuclear Clock to its shabbiness.

I had heard it was a new MLB rule, if both teams have a day off they must play the make up game. Besides, I think it'll be great if the team can complete an untuckem trifecta tonight.

Bllllllllllllllllfffffffffffffffffffffft! (World's biggest raspberry)

Pppppppppppphhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhffffffffffffffffffffffttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt!!!! (even bigger rasbperry)

Hooray for LaRussa!

Hooray at last!

Hooray for LaRussa,

he's a....

http://images.yuku.com/image/jpeg/0d7254e9bb80733919fc63c1f1c62c2f799e868.jpg

From what I read about tonight being the rescheduled game, it was the Brewers idea to play today. The Cards wanted it made up in late August, which would have given us only 2 days off in a 42 game stretch or something very similar. I personally would much rather play today with Ankiel, Carpenter and Ludwick on the DL than against the Cardinals at full strength in August.
Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

Archived