Brewer Fanatic

Weeks out for the season; Hurricane's a-comin'

Iribarren is hitting well in Nashville. Still, for now, I'd keep things as they are and look to bring up Catalanato to DH. Too bad they didn't have some big lefty 1B type to DH for the Minnesota series. You know, some kid who did well at AAA last year and should good potential in Spring Training.....

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No kidding, how about a call to Brad saying you'll get to see the field for atleast 15 days, how about it? How crazy would it be to watch the Brewers in interleague play against a RH pitcher. Obviously the order could be whatever but the point is the number of left handed hitters.

RF Hart

2B Counsell

LF Braun

1B Fielder

CF Cameron

SS Hardy

3B Gamel

DH Nelson

C Kendall

4 lefties!

Weeks is done for the season. Link

I'm crushed. Absolutly crushed. Winning the WS just got a whole lot harder.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

Dang(wanted to say something more stronger than that) that sucks. Weeks was playing good so far this year and it looked like everything was going good for him and then this happens.

So do the Brewers bring up Iribarren or Escobar to play 2B. Escobar was working out at 2B during spring training. I guess we will find out soon enough who will be replacing Weeks at 2B. This does open up a spot for Gamel though. Maybe with Hall and Counsell playing a soft platoon at 2B. Not an ideal situation but one the Brewers should look at. The other option is Escobar or Iribarren. Yes I know McGehee can play 2B I just don't see him as an everyday 2B I would rather have Hall at 2B with Counsell than Counsell and McGehee.

I don't really have a problem with Counsell/McGehee at 2B at all assuming McGehee can field the position. I think the solution is someone to add to the mix part time and not anyone full time. I don't want Durham full time at 2B, I don't think you move Escobar to 2B given the fact he still isn't hitting all that much in the minors, Iribarren isn't really full time material.

This really sucks. I always believed in Rickie, and then he finally is having a break out season and it ends like this. Very disappointing. My advice to Macha would be a Counsell/Hall platoon at 2b, with Gamel playing everyday at 3b. McGehee can backup Gamel at 3b, and we can bring up Catalanotto or Gwynn as an extra lefty bat and outfielder.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

This is a huge bummer as I've always been a weeks fan, despite his early career struggles. Every team has some type of injury they must overcome this season; let's hope this is it for the Brewers. I hope Mat Gamel turns out to be close to the player many on this board expect him to be. I'm pretty sure he will be given every opportunity to play a ton now.

Wow, just wow. It sucks as a fan but I can't imagine how Rickie is feeling. He looked great, seemed to be playing to his potential. I agree with you PrinceEatMeat, the most logical move would be to give Gamel a shot at 3B and go with Hall/Counsell at 2B. McGehee can play occasionally at 3B to give Gamel a day off against a tough lefty.

I really hope they give Gamel a shot a playing everyday. It will hurt to lose Weeks, both offensively and defensively. I think Gamel has the best shot to replace his offense, not sure about defense. But, it would be nice to add an additional impact lefty bat to the lineup.

Who takes over lead off now? Hart?

Doug's gotta go find a lead off hitter, doesn't he? The thought of Hart, Counsell, or Kendall in that role every day, all season really doesn't excite me. I don't care how much thunder they have behind him.

Sucks for Weeks especially...finally seemed to be putting it all together.

And of course I just bought a Weeks jersey. Lame.

The only silver lining I can think of is that at least we saw him putting it all together so we know that he can. If he had started this year slowly and then had this happen, he probably wouldn't get another chance.

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

I am very sad. I have always been a big Weeks fan and when he finally starts to realize his potential this happens. Rickie if you ever get around to reading this I would just like to wish you a speddy recovery and hope you will be a Brewer for years to come.

I just feel so bad for Rickie. He has worked so hard and for this to happen it just flat out sucks for the team and especially for Rickie himself.

Serves him right for swinging at strike three low and away on Sunday.

Seriously, though, this definitely does strike a huge blow into our chances. But we have the players that can get it done and, perhaps, Doug can go out and find some more veteran presence for the infield.

I have Weeks on one of my PITCH League teams as my franchise player. I kept him over Kelly Johnson two years ago because I believed in him. Then he starts off on fire and then DRAT!

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Man...

Well, one thing is for sure, we are really killing the Sounds chances at a title this year! lol

If Iribarren is good on defense i say you bring him up but if he is error prone you definitely bring up Escobar.

Archived