Brewer Fanatic

Who's your pick?

I'm pretty high on HS 3B Nick Castellanos

That's who Mayo has the Brewers taking in his latest mock draft.

Could you repaste a link to that latest Mayo mock draft? When I click your blue link it just takes me to a page quoting your message to reply to it. Thanks.
Oops my bad.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I have little to add on who should be picked, as I know nothing about the individual players, but I have a feeling that this year is going to be a "biggest stick" type year. Assuming there isn't an obvious talent gap between the available players (by the time you get to 15, the top players are similar), I'm guessing they go with the player that has the biggest power potential. Alah the Fielder and LaPorta picks.

Power is a big hole in our system right now.

FWIW, Rivals mock draft has us picking Josh Sale.

I thought the guy who looked the best out of the scouting videos on Milb.com was Karsten Whitson. I highly doubt the Brewers would pick him since he's a high schooler. My guess is Matt Harvey.

No crystal ball, but Seid was on WSSP this morning [mp3 link]. Nothing revelatory, but some interesting comments on BPA and going pitching IF it's close between a bat and an arm at the same slot. Sounds like they're confident the guy they want will be there, if I heard correctly.

No crystal ball, but Seid was on WSSP this morning [mp3 link]. Nothing revelatory, but some interesting comments on BPA and going pitching IF it's close between a bat and an arm at the same slot. Sounds like they're confident the guy they want will be there, if I heard correctly.

Oh oh. I don't know if I like the sound of that. I hope they don't reach too much.

If I was making the pick today, I'd have to go with OF Kyle Parker. Since the focus is on pitching, I'd go with Alex Wimmers. Since the new MO is big pitchers, I'd be happy to go with Stetson Allie.

In rounds 3-5, look for the Brewers to grab Connor Narron. Melvin has a close relationship with the entire Narron family, and we already have 1 narron in the system. Connor is a solid prospect, a patient hitter with some power.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

DeShields Jr. only because his daddy was my favorite player. I feel really old when I can remember Sr.'s rookie year. He's totally not the guy the Brewers should be going after in the first round, but I'll sure be rooting for him no matter where he gets drafted.

Hello Almighty,

I've had a rough year so far as Brewer fan. If you could allow Stetson Allie to fall to us, have us pick him and then sign him, I would be grateful. Thanks.

That would be an amazing draft. I wanted Allie in the 1st, so in the 2nd? If he or Cole falls to us, it'd be like getting two top 15 picks in this draft.

It'd go a long way to temper my envy of the Angels, Rays and Rangers. The later two with already sick systems. Of course I like ours a lot more than others.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

given what the front office has thrownat Suppan, Gagne, Wolf, Davis, and Looper.. you would think they wouldnt mind taking a chance on locking a young guy with some upside up for a while.

Archived