Brewer Fanatic

Mike Burns... this year's DiFelice?

monty57

I had never heard much if anything about 30-year old Mike Burns, and he's tearing up AAA. Granted it's only seven starts, but he's 5-0 with a 2.27 ERA, 1.03 WHIP, 31 K and only 8 BB in 43.2 innings. Last year with the Iowa Cubs, he was a PCL mid-season All Star with 101 K and 24 BB in 133 innings, being used as both a starter and a reliever. It looks like he got a couple "cups of coffee" in the majors in '05 & '06 for the Reds, Red Sox and Astros, but nothing since then.

That's about everything I know about him, so if anyone knows more, I'd be interested. Is he another "late bloomer" like DiFelice that could help us out at the major league level? Was he just blocked last year with the Cubs, or is there something that makes him a career minor leaguer?

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

• 2 weeks later...

Archived