Brewer Fanatic

Miguel Cabrera potential trade value

Found this

Quote:
Cabrera mentioned that if he was traded, he'd prefer to play with Albert Pujols on the Cardinals...

Cabrera also said he wouldn't like to play for the Yankees because of the rules. Additionally, he wants to remain at third base and continue to improve his defense...

Cabrera is already taking up 24% of Florida's payroll; it could reach 40% in 2008

on mlbtraderumors.com. Don't know what his "bc of the rules" comment is all about, but what do you guys think could be the Marlins' bounty?

Red Sox, anyone? Lowell's their 3B for now, but by then, who knows? I'd bet LA/A/OC/SCal would be a decent fit, too, with Vlad & the big (sunny) market as alluring

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I have to wonder if Cabrera is Sheffield's roommate or cousin? or if Sheffield was his mentor when he was coming up through the marlins' system? he sure is begining to sound a lot like him. He 's dissing the Yankees just like Sheffield did when he left.

he wants to play for the Cardinals? but he's only willing to play third base? The last time I checked, the Cardinals have a very popular and capable third baseman named Rolen. A quick inventory of sports shops in the St Louis area will reflect there are a lot of Scott Rolen jerseys sold. I doubt Rolen is going anywhere any time soon.

Cabrera is developing a really bad 'tude just like Sheffield. fortunately for him, he can still hit. once his hitting skills diminish, don't expect any major league teams to come calling offering coaching or front office positions.

I think the Yankees are better off with AROD. AROD is a class act.

once his hitting skills diminish, don't expect any major league teams to come calling offering coaching or front office positions.

By then he'll likey have earned 120-170 million dollars,i doubt he'll be looking to do anything except chill and spend his cash.

Quote:
Cabrera is one of my favorite non-brewer players. I have liked him in Florida, I hope if he does go to another team that its LA Angels.

Same here, I really like Cabs as a player. I know it will never happen but I'd do a Rickie/Yo/Braun for Cabrera trade if he agreed to sign an extension with us.

Quote:
I know it will never happen but I'd do a Rickie/Yo/Braun for Cabrera trade if he agreed to sign an extension with us.

So you would really give up three potential high-ceiling impact players and take on a super-expensive contract extension on top of that? That's surprising, especially for a smaller market team.

I am guessing Braun's production alone will come close to Cabrera's someday. And at minimum wage too.

Quote:
assume the "rules" he was talking about is the professional approach the Yankees take. No facial hair, clean cut. I believe they are expected to show up to the stadium in suits, or other acceptable professional attire.

Well I've never seen Cabrera with a goatee, or any other kind of facial hair. He seems pretty baby-faced, not that he can't grow anything. And as far as the dress code goes, dressing nice should hardly be a concern.

Other than that I don't know what other rules there are, like you stated in your post.

I just think that he's probably obliging by the Yankees rules now without even trying while he's playing for the Marlins. Unless he's getting on planes wearing crappy t-shirts and cut off shorts.

Archived