Brewer Fanatic

MIL recalls Mat Gamel, Brad Nelson designated for assignment

I would think Gamel will start tonight versus Lohse, Hall has a .067 average against him. Hall is in line to start tuesday through thursday anyway, with 2 lefties and Oswalt, who Hall owns is his career.

Kramnoj, I think the ten day requirement you may be thinking of is a service time issue, it was talked about in another thread recently, but I can't remember the details.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Verified Member

I'd guess the lineup will look like this:

RF Corey Hart

2B Craig Counsell

LF Ryan Braun

1B Prince Fielder

CF Mike Cameron

SS JJ Hardy

3B Mat Gamel

C Jason Kendall

P Braden Looper

I bet the lineup is going to be something like...

2B Craig Counsell

SS J.J. Hardy

LF Ryan Braun

1B Prince Fielder

CF Mike Cameron

RF Corey Hart

3B Mat Gamel

C Jason Kendall

RHP Braden Looper

Of course I cheated since it was already posted by Tom H.

Down the road, Taylor Green has been promising at the plate and is a considerably better defender than Gamel also.

I think you can probably make the case that Green is a better defender than Gamel.

I've never heard anyone (i.e. professional scout/writer/GM) question Mat's ability to hit. Gamel has the potential to be a .900 OPS + hitter. Green has the potential to be a .800 + hitter.

I don't think that. It was just questionable sentence wording on my part.

This may have been addressed already, but if my counting is correct, Gamel will have accumulated exactly 172 days of service time total (28 days from last year and 144 days from May 14 - Oct 4) this year if he does not return to the minors. This would mean he would be arbitration eligible after 2011 and eligible for free agency after 2014 (as opposed to 2015 if he were a super-two after the 2011 season) assuming that he never returns to the minors. Will this play a factor in the decision to keep him in the big leagues this year?

Why would Brad sign there of all places? It seems like there had to have been other places that would have been a better fit after reading the USS Mariner article. They are pretty set at the 1b, DH, Corner OF spots in AAA and the majors. Hope the best for him though.

His best chance is in the AL. He can find a spot as a lefty DH/1B. I doubt any team seriously considers him a corner outfielder.
Thats what makes the Mariners a bad choice at least for this year. They have Branyan (who is hitting well), Griffey (who will not be sat over Nelson in my mind) and then Jeff Clement who is in AAA and a much better prospect than Brad.

Archived