Milwaukee

Houston

St. louis

San Diego

San Francisco

Colorado

LA

Arizona

in this format you would have no team really in close proximity of Milwaukee, and an unbalanced schedule would send Milwaukee out west quite a bit, same of course with STL and even Houston.

I also think the smaller divisions make it easier for small market teams to make the playoffs each year. Take the NL EAST proposed above. Pittsburgh would have to be better than NY, Philly, Chicago and Atlanta in order to make the playoffs. In the current NL Central, the only two annual powerhouses are Chicago and Stl. and even they have down years now and again. Pitt really is on the same level of competitiveness as Milwaukee and Cincy, even Houston doesnt have the competitve advantage of a NY of Chicago.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have put little thought into this, but don't forget about Ottawa/Montreal/Vancouver.
I really don't think there will ever be another Canadian team in baseball, other than the Blue Jays. Maybe Montreal will be revived along the road, maybe Vancouver would be a good fit in the AL West, but I don't think it'll happen.

Just for fun although I would hate to see 4 divisions in each league, what would they be? 1 possibility:

In the NL move Houston and Colorado to the AL for Tampa Bay and add a franchise in Charlottle

East: PHIL, NYM, PIT, WASH,

North: MIL, CHC, STL, CIN,

West: LAD, SF, SD, AZ,

South: FLA, TB, ATL, CHAR

In the AL move Tampa Bay to the NL and get Houston and Colorado and add a team in Portland:

East: NYY, BOS, BAL, TOR,

North: CHW, CLE, MINN, DET,

South: HOU, COL, TEX, KC,

West: LAA, SEA, OAK, PORT

Here's my proposal:

East: PHI, NYM, ATL, WASH, FLA

Central: MIL, CHC, STL, CIN, PIT, HOU

West: LAD, SF, AZ, COL, SD

East: NYY, BOS, BAL, TB, TOR

Central: CHW, CLE, MINN, DET, KC, IND

West: LAA, SEA, OAK, TEX, POR

Italics = new teams.