Brewer Fanatic

Hoffman is Fun To Watch!

Heath Bell is 14 for 14 in save opportunities, has a 0.46 ERA, and is giving up less than 1 walk or hit per IP.

I'd never really appreciated Bell until I watched him pitch in AZ last week, dude ain't bad.

I was disappointed when I checked and found out Bell, though in his 6th season, has just over 3 years of service time. When I just looked at seasons played (6), I thought it'd be sweet if we could replace Hoffman with the same guy SD replaced him with when he walks.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor

My wife and I got to the game Friday night (5/29) and Hoffman closed the door on a nice 3-2 victory. On the way home, my wife (who isn't a BB fan, but indulges me) says, "Boy, that closer has some intro, huh?" I almost laughed my way off the road. Then had to explain who Hoffman was, etc... But she learns quick. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

BTW, I don't remember hearing his name announced that night. It was pretty cool how everything goes quiet, billboards, blinking lights, etc... That alone got me attention before I heard the first bell.

Heath Bell has been good for a few years now, you could tell he had nasty stuff. But with Trevor there he was just a setup guy. It worked out great for us that they let Hoffman walk and good for the Pads and Heath Bell. Most likely Bell and Hoffman will both be NL All-Stars.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Archived