Brewer Fanatic

season ticket packages

brewtank34

I've been a loyal season ticket holder (9 game pack and 4 game packs) for 3 whole years now, and I know many of you have had yours for numerous times that...but I have a concern. I've noticed that the tickets that they give us for those packages are for the nights of 1/2 off tickets or buy one get one free, or even the 5 county 5 day celebration. It just seems like whenever I'm going to one of my season ticket games it's always (I use the term always lightly) on a night where I had to pay full price for the ticket plan while single tickets game purchasers are getting the sweet deal.

I have a problem with this. Has anyone else noted this, and why are the Brewers treating us season ticket holders like this?

When you got your 9 pack they enticed you with a free game, most likely opening day. To entice more fans to a Tuesday night game they offer tickets half price. To entice full season ticket holders they offer a discounted price, they don't have to pay marquee pricing and get first shot at playoff tickets. They're just trying to sell tickets and there are different ways to do that for different people.

I think they're doing a great job at selling the tickets evidenced by our 3.3% increase in ticket sales this year....but that doesn't mean that it's right that they're charging the ticket package holders more money than the single game ticket purchasers. We get the tickets are a somewhat discounted rate, but not to the point that the walk-ups can get them. I just feel that it's a shame that they do it this way. They may lose out on some season tix holders, and gain more walk-ups.

Well, you could lose your 9 pack and

Pay full price parking

Lose a free game

Lose a shot at buying a playoff ticket

Risk not getting a ticket at a sell out

Then walk up to 9 games and see if the price and convenience out weigh a 9 pack.

I don't think they do. I had a 9 pack last season and decided to not renew based on my schedule and not being able to get to games and end up taking a loss on some of them.

I actually just look ahead on Stubhub and find good deals there, but I don't think the 9 packs are convenient and nice if you have the schedule.

It also depends on where you sit. My tickets are on the field level, and these promotions never occur for the field level, so I never really thought about it before.

However, with my renewal pricing on my 20 pack, I pay $9 less per ticket off the normal price, and I don't have to pay marquee pricing (and I tend to fill up heavy on the marquee games).

Also, with a 20 pack or higher, I don't have to pay service fees when I buy tickets to extra games.

If your seats are on the terrace level, than I guess I can see how you're coming to that conclusion. However, these promotions tend to be in April and May to try to boost attendance while it is at its lowest for the season. I don't think the Brewers ticket office is arranging these packages to only schedule the 9 packs to coincide with other discounted promotions.

I'm not a season ticket holder, but began buying my tickets from those of you who are last season. Before that I always bought from the team.

One difference between walk-up and season ticket holders is the seats you are likely to get in a given section. I've bought front row club level, front row field level down the RF line, field level 3rd row behind the plate, 7th row loge behind the plate from season ticket holders. If I had bought from the team I would not have gotten seats as good as these. Oh and I also bought club level playoff tickets from a season ticket holder.

I am considering buying my own 9-pack next year, but I'd only do it if I could get good seats, like front row club level. Otherwise, I'll just keep buying off craigslist.

One of the things I love about our nine pack is that aside from getting Opening Day free, we can buy discounted preferred parking. Maybe not a big deal for some people, but we come from well outside the Milwaukee area, so that's a big deal for us. Having that parking taken care of in advance is a nice piece of mind thing.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

This is true that most of the promotions are in the beginning of the year. You all bring up good points..the main one being that it's different for those in the terrace levels which I am in. That makes sense. Free parking by the way is considered taking a free shuttle from one of our fine Bluemound establishments before and after the game. I'd recommend utilizing their services.

That is great if you live in the immediate Milwaukee area, but we live way out in Jefferson County, so can't always plan that far ahead to be at an establishment or search for free parking. Plus it's not really practical if it's a weeknight game and you have to get home for work the next day. I get your point, though.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

brewtank, I always thought about this as well. However, then I think of the other perks of being a season ticket holder (many all ready mentioned) and it outweighs the fact that they occasionally throw in a game that is already half priced. I really don't know if my tickets (200 level) are included in these promotions. One thing also not mentioned is that season ticket holders (at least 20 game and above, not sure about 9 game packs) get a discounted rate already on their seat and also do not pay the marquee prices for marquee games.

The other advantage of being a season ticket holder is that if you can not make all the games in your package, they make it extremely easy to sell them on stub hub. With the popularity of the team, and the crowds they are drawing, I can usually get at least my money back on the tickets.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Actually, free parking is parking on one of the many streets around Miller Park where it is allowed during games. That way, you don't even have to throw down money at the bar or give the shuttle guy a tip. It could mean a 15-minute walk (maybe more if you get there for a really crowded game), but if you have to wait for a shuttle because you can't get onto the first one you could almost be to your car in that time anyways. Another advantage is that, other than the foot traffic, you don't have to worry about traffic getting out of the parking lot.

And this is just my personal opinion, but if I didn't have full season tickets and I wanted to see a decent amount of games for a cheap price, I would go with the FC 20-pack in the terrace ($200 per ticket instead of $126 for a 9-pack). I would pick all the good games (ie Opening Day, Cubs games, all-fan giveaways, etc.). I would go to the games I could and sell the ones I couldn't make - by picking good games, you pretty much ensure that you will get your money back for sold tickets most of the time - either on here, on stubhub, from a friend who wants to go, or by selling them at the game. Also, with a 20-pack, you have trade-in privileges that you may or may not have with a 9-pack as well as opportunities for extra single-game tix and full strip playoff tix before the general public.

If I wanted to go to any random games during the week, I would buy tix dirt-cheap on Stubhub (and I mean dirt cheap, as in $1 per ticket plus $5 for edelivery per order for some games) or at the game in the parking lots. Because, if the game isn't sold out, anyone selling tickets at the game pretty much has to offer them below the box office price - which yesterday would've meant under $7 for terrace tickets.

IK this may not be what you're looking for and you may not be interested in going to 20 games a year, but this IMHO is a much better deal than a 9-pack.

Stubhub is great for last-minute deals. Plus if you know where to look, you can always find $10/$20 off coupon codes. I've gotten Club and Field level tickets for well under $10 total (including the fees).

The times I've looked at stub hub it has always been high relative to what I see on craigslist. But maybe the prices drop as the game gets near.

We always park for free, it is a 15 minute walk to our double secret parking area and it avoids the traffic jams that sometimes occur getting out of the lot. I also avoid taking the freeway. We are about 20 miles from the park and from the time I leave my seat to when I get home is usually an hour with this proceedure. Would not work for tail-gaters though.

My brother-in-law once spent 45 minutes or an hour just getting out of the lot after a sold out game.

The times I've looked at stub hub it has always been high relative to what I see on craigslist. But maybe the prices drop as the game gets near.

BUt the advantage is the "Fan Guarentee" with Stubhub. You know you are getting REAL tickets and most have the print at home feature. Very handy.

Well, I'd normally have a name, address, and phone number for any craigslist tickets I'd buy, so not too worried about them being phoney. I've also alway gotten hard tickets, not printouts, so those would be pretty hard to fake anyway. Going through the hassle of selling fake tickets on craigslist would be a pretty inefficient way for someone to steal $100 or $200 from me.

Stub hub would be more convenient, though and certainly is an easier way to search for tickets than craigslist.

Anyone can buy discounted parking. As long as you buy it before the day of the game, it is at a discount. If you are in the stadium on Thursday, you can buy regular parking at $8 each for the upcoming weekend. Preferred parking is also discounted, but I never park there and don't know the price. Regular parking is not discounted for Monday - Thursday games whether you buy them ahead of time or not.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Archived