Brewer Fanatic

Robin Yount's Robinade

JoeHova
The Rollie Fingers wine thread made me remember that Robin Yount was supposedly launching a line of lemonades called "Robinade" last summer. I realized I hadn't heard anything else about it since then and I also didn't see it in stores when I've been in Wisconsin (not that I remembered to look specifically for it, but I didn't notice it). I googled around for it and all I can find are some press releases and a bare-bones website that sells hats and shirts, but not the actual product. So, has anybody seen it? Does it still exist? Did it ever? Is/was it any good? I'm interested to know what became of Robinade.

I've seen it in a couple of Pick'n'Save locations (the one in Shorewood has it for sure) and a few gas stations. A friend of mine just noticed it on the shelves last week and sent me a pic of it.

I tried it last summer, I thought it was good, but I don't really remember it well now.

We had some last season (found it in Madison) and I really liked the combination of sweet and tart. However, in the last off-season we had to become a sugar-free household, so unfortunately we cannot be repeat customers.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Iirc, a portion of the proceeds goes to The Macc Fund, or another local charity. If everything else is equal (taste, price, etc.) that might be reason enough to choose Robinade over other brands.

I tried some last year and thought it was decent. I haven't seen any come my way yet this year--may have to make some calls. I'd also heard that there may be Limeade this year as well.

It's a tough call though, Simply Lemonade brand is ridiculously good.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

It's a tough call though, Simply Lemonade brand is ridiculously good.
Yeah, but which Brewers icon is behind Simply Lemonade? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif
Therein lies my dilemma.

Love the Simply, but buy the Robinade for obvious reasons. I keep a lot of lemonade in the fridge.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Was just ok the few times I had it last year. Definately in the milk area at Pick n Saves. Kept buying it just to support it and the charities. Maybe it is good as a mixer?

Archived