Brewer Fanatic

Rollie Fingers' Cooperstown Cuvee

SeriesFinale

My wife and I drink a lot of wine, and obviously I'm a big Brewers' fan...I think I'm just the kinda sucker Rollie and his partner are looking for!

(That's probably unfair as I haven't tasted the wine yet...but I will, which is the kinda thing they're counting on, I assume, which was my point. Who knows, maybe it'll be great and worth the price.)

I wish I had known he was gonna be signing in town this past weekend. Apparently he comes to the Bay Area from LV for these releases often. I'm not a big autograph guy, but I'd take one of Rollie's on a bottle of cab with his mug plastered on it.

I'm no expert but I go to Napa and the Livermore Valley here in Northern California about 5-6 times a year and I find that in the grocery store you usually can get a good bottle of wine for around $10. Sometimes you can spend more at a vineyard but you're usually paying more for something that either isn't sold at the super market or hasn't been released yet. Doesn't mean it's superior though.

It depends on the bottle of wine.

It could be that it's a bottle that I wouldn't mind paying $7 or $8 for at Trader Joe's or BevMo or wherever, but I'm paying double because of the label.

Edit: To answer your question though, $15 isn't unreasonable for a good bottle of wine by any stretch, no.

I'm sure Night Train and Thunderbird have admirers as well, but I'm not sure the difference is just marketing. Like I say, I'm not much into drinking but for many foodstuffs (meat and cheese especially but plenty of other things as well), you do get what you pay for. That's not to say that you can't find a good deal sometimes.

If you're into wine I've done some work for both Door Peninsula Winery and Stone's Throw Winery. I'm not a big wine drinker at all, maybe once every couple of years so I don't know first hand, but their client lists are impressive, regardless of where in the country the winery is located.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Archived