Brewer Fanatic

2009-05-10 Cubs (Marshall) at Brewers (Suppan): 1:05 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 4-2]

Here is the Brewers line-up per TH's blog (haven't seen a Cubs line-up yet)

2B Rickie Weeks

RF Corey Hart

LF Ryan Braun

1B Prince Fielder

CF Mike Cameron

SS J.J. Hardy

3B Bill Hall

C Jason Kendall

RHP Jeff Suppan

Wanted to get something going on here again. Let's make it a Happy Mother's Day all around and crack some long balls with that pink lumber and get the SWEEP!!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since other Brewer fans are enjoying our seats today, I hope this reduces the chance of Suppan yielding yet another leadoff dinger.

That's my contribution to your good fortune, Brewers; the rest is up to you. Keep cool heads out there, and keep turning up the heat.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Just for fun, I looked up our line up 3 years ago on May 10th 2006.

Weeks

Hall

Jenkins

Lee

Fielder

Koskie

Miller

Clark

Capuano

Brewers lost 3-0 to the Padres. Some guy by the name of Trevor Hoffman got the save for the Padres.

and Phil Cuzzi behind the plate. Gonna be a bad umpire day. Friday's umpire and Saturdays umpire were night and day with pitches on the edges.

Hopefully we don't throw at any Cubs today. I think Braun getting hit was totally unintentional and retaliating wouldn't be smart.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I too am concerned about Cuzzi. We all know Soup needs the corners to pitch well - I just hope that plate doesn't get too tiny on him. At the very least, even if it is a tight zone, hopefully it will be a little more consistent last night. That was an absolute parody of umpiring

Cuzzi is really squeezing that inside corner to the left batters box. At least it has been consistent for both teams so far.

I also agree that ball Fukudome hit really should not have been a triple, but at least Suppan got out of it without the run scoring.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Braun should have been able to score on one off the wall there. On a positive note with how many pitches Marshall has thrown here, we should get to see that terrible bullpen of the Cubs.

How long has prince been using one of Mike Cameron's bats? I just noticed on the knob it has #25
I noticed that yesterday as well. It seems like Prince never wants to use any of his own bats. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

As much as I wish it weren't the case, I still think Hardy is a ways away from busting out. He just looks nervous/uncomfortable/defensive up there and it seems like he has been striking out quite a bit for him. Still not seeing the ball real well. That HR to right the other night had me feeling otherwise, but now I think it may have just been 1 good swing and thats it

You have to think Braun got mixed up on how many outs there were or thought it was gone. That ball was in the air long enough for him to score.
They did show him going back to the base before the hit because he was unable to read Marshall's pick off move, but I still felt like with how long that ball was in the air and the awful route Soriano took to it in the air should have given him a chance to score.

Nice turn on a slow groundball there. Soup had a very nice quick inning there.

Archived