Brewer Fanatic

WI cabin rentals?

RU Rah Rah

(I wasn't sure if this belonged in "Trading Post" or not; feel free to move.)

Much to my dismay, my family's stand-by summer cabin rental (in Cedar Grove, right on Lake Michigan) apparently is falling through at the last minute, and I'm looking for something new and different. I guess we're looking for a house/cabin for about a week, preferably at the end of June (but not necessarily so), in the Sheboygan County area -- although we'd be open to something on a smaller lake in central/northern Wisc.

Any ideas for web sites, etc., where people post these rentals? I have found some, but none look really extensive. Any ideas would help.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

"although we'd be open to something on a smaller lake in central/northern Wisc"

How far north? We go to Lac Vieux Desert every year. It's a border lake between WI and MI just north of Land o Lakes. Here's the resort we use:

http://www.winddriftresort.com/

Not sure what you're looking for exactly. Fishing? Boating?

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

"although we'd be open to something on a smaller lake in central/northern Wisc"

How far north? We go to Lac Vieux Desert every year. It's a border lake between WI and MI just north of Land o Lakes. Here's the resort we use:

http://www.winddriftresort.com/

Not sure what you're looking for exactly. Fishing? Boating?

Some water stuff, but nothing too hard core. My kids are 4 and 8, and they demand beach access.

I am not sure if we would go that far north; my wife really hates the long drive from Madison (which we've done before up to Vilas County).

My brother-in-law's family owns a resort in NW Wisconsin. It is on a lake and half of the lake is bordered by a federal park so it really gives the area a secluded feel. I've stayed up there a few times and really enjoyed it. I'll try and find the link to their website when I get home later this evening.

Archived