Brewer Fanatic

2009-05-09 Cubs (Dempster) at Brewers (Gallardo): 6:05 PM CDT [Brewers win, 12-6]

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is NSB?
www.northsidebaseball.com The Cubs equivalent of bf.net.
Hey, let's not drag bf.net down by using this website's name with the words "northsidebaseball.com" and "equivalent."
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

It is kind of nice not being the division doormat anymore, but with that comes hypocritical criticism from other fanbases. Every team has a guy who just ridiculously stares at his home runs. Pujols does it, Lee and Berkman do it, pretty much every guy on the Cubs roster who can hit a home run does it, Edwin Encarnacion does it, I'm sure Adam LaRoche does it. It is baseball.

People are just sour we're not the division welcome mat anymore and frankly that is a good feeling.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

I was at a game at County in '99 when the lights similarly went down. Just over a year later, I was in Atlanta, watching the Braves play, when the same thing happened (the PA played "The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia," hardy har har). I get home and turn on the game and within five minutes, this happens.

Sorry guys!

Julio needs to be DFA'd.

I went out in Milwaukee last Saturday, and it was me and 3 of my friends, and 3 other girls (all around 21). Around bar time, one of the girls had said she had to leave (very attractive, I might add), and I asked where she was going, and she replied, "oh, I'm gonna go hang out with Jorge Julio".

Point of the story you ask? Let's hope he doesn't get that chance tonight. Send him home Doug.

I went out in Milwaukee last Saturday, and it was me and 3 of my friends, and 3 other girls (all around 21). Around bar time, one of the girls had said she had to leave (very attractive, I might add), and I asked where she was going, and she replied, "oh, I'm gonna go hang out with Jorge Julio".
Just goes to show money and fame goes a long way--I'm sure Mr. Julio is a nice man, but he is not a looker.

Ouch--I feel bad for Fox here. This game has had all kinds of weirdness.

I feel kind of bad for Chad Fox. People always used to joke about his arm being made out metal and being bionic back in the late '90s with all of the arm problems he had. It is amazing the guy is still around this long.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Archived