Brewer Fanatic

2009-05-09 Cubs (Dempster) at Brewers (Gallardo): 6:05 PM CDT [Brewers win, 12-6]

Here's the line-up per TH (I had a feeling we might see Counsell; Cam is a bit of a surprise to me)

BREWERS

2B Rickie Weeks

3B Craig Counsell

LF Ryan Braun

1B Prince Fielder

SS JJ Hardy

RF Corey Hart

CF Chris Duffy

C Jason Kendall

RHP Yovani Gallardo

Cubs

LF Soriano

SS Theriot

CF Fukudome

RF Bradley

1B Hoffpauir

C Soto

2B Fontenot

3B Freel

P Dempster

Once again, I figured I would get something started so those of us that want to start chatting about the game can. GO CREW!

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not all that thrilled that Cam is out of the lineup, but looking at his numbers in the month of May...

.194/.265/.323/.587

...I suppose he could use a mental health day. Might as well do it with your ace on the mound.

I am not Shea Vucinich

I agree that Cam could probably use a rest. I just don't like it when he is out for selfish reasons - I love watching him play CF. Duffy is good defensively too, and I doubt he can do any worse at the plate against Dempster than Cam has in his career (although Duff doesn't have near the pop of plate discipline Cam possesses). As hard as it is for me to say this, I am glad Counsell is in there today. IIRC he is like a .308 career hitter off Jazz Hands

Bill Hall looked terrible last night, so I'm not really surprised he got the night off. I'd rather see Corey #2 than Counsell though.

Weeks has looked like garbage the last 2 nights as well. IIRC, he's only gotten one day off so far this year. I'm guessing McG will start in his place tomorrow.

Verified Member
Ah, that is probably the idea, rather than give him and Cam the day game after the night game off, Macha is reversing it so that the left handers are in against the right hander tonight.

Since I have nowhere better to put this, I'm pretty sure I saw Trevor Hoffman at the Best Buy in Delafield earlier this afternoon. I have no way of knowing for sure, and didn't say hi to him or anything, but feel 90% sure it was him.

Anyway, it would be awesome to win secure the series win tonight. I will be at Miller Park tomorrow and would love to jeer the Cubbies out of town...

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

I was able to get some last minute tickets to the game last night. I was hesitant about going because the Brewers had lost the last 11 games that I had been at. Yes, the last 11. What are the odds of that?? In any case, now that my streak is over, I'm going to try and score some tix for tonight's game. Go Crew!

I agree with you Gobias that Hall has not looked good the past few days, but I would be very surprised to not see him in there against a LHP tomorrow

Yeah, I think Hall will start tomorrow too. I was thinking Rickie will get the day off tomorrow, as he's been scuffling, hasn't had a full game off, and doesn't really have a pronounced L/R split like Hall does.

Archived