Brewer Fanatic

Brenly Takes Jabs at Milwaukee

bobskube
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.northsidebaseball.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=54146

Now the Cubs fans are on Macha for 'wanting MLB investigate Dempster's plunking of Braun'. They really are reading a lot into what Macha said there, he just said he doesn't know if anyone looked into it or not and that turns into Macha asking for an investigation I guess.

Still don't know how any Cubs fan can complain about Braun when Soriano watches his HR more than any other player in the league.

Brently is a tool, and the cheap shots were unnecessary sour grapes for sure.

In terms of Milwaukee vs. Chicago for nightlife and other attractions, its not really that close. MKE has gotten a lot better with the new bars/clubs on 3rd street and the 3rd ward, but through most of my college years at MU my partying was on a very set routine and it was the same group of people day in and day out at the same bars.

Chicago is totally different. In the two years I have lived in the city (live in Evanston, currently working on South Wacker) I have yet to run into the same group of people (except when its on purpose and I go to a Badger or Packer bar for games). And if you stay out of Wrigleyville (or know where to go when there) the d-bag infestations are actually not too bad.

In terms of being out late, in Chicago many bars stay open until 4, so you can pretty much stay out the whole night. In MKE after 2:30 your pretty much limited to eating cheese at Mikano's or Oakland Gyros as Brently was ineptly joking about.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Still don't know how any Cubs fan can complain about Braun when Soriano watches his HR more than any other player in the league.
Not to mention that little hop he does before he catches a fly ball.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Brenly's just doing his job as an announcer to pander to his audience. Brian and Bill do the same thing just as often, but we probably don't pick up on it as much. Brenly probably thinks that Cubs fans will get a kick out of a bunch of cheese-eating and fat jokes. We get a kick out of 1908 and Pink Hat Fan jokes. We both get a kick out of Cards fans calling themselves the best fans in baseball.

It happens with every announcing team, and like it was mentioned earlier in the thread, at the start of the year Brenly mentioned how gracious he was for the chance to interview for the job, but things didn't work out the way he wanted. I seriously doubt there are sour grapes there...just an attempt at playful ribbing with a rival.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

I guess this could go in the in-game thread, but Brenly just said (paraphrasing) 'it'll be interesting to see if the Cubs give Braun anything to hit. There's also a way to put Braun on first base without throwing four pitches...if you know what I mean'.

He's suggesting beaning him, again? This guy is a joke.

Note - This was in the second inning with runners at first and third.

I caught that comment too. I thought it was later in the game though, but could be wrong. That is not appropriate to say over the air.

Ennder[/b]]I was reading a cubs blog today and they mentioned that it was sad because at most 25% of the fans at the park tonight were Brewer fans 4 years ago. My initial thought was that on any given night less than 50% of Cubs fans at a game are even paying attention to the game. They have one of the weakest fanbases in baseball from an actual fan knowledge standpoint.

A truer statement could not have been written. I've said that for years.

Gobias[/b] Industries]At the very least, Brenly is reconfirming my belief in Doug Melvin.

If Marshall hits Braun with a fastball there, Marshall is probably ejected. Obviously the Cubs bullpen situation is pretty shaky right now. What a dolt.

don't give doug to much credit......he actually interviewed the moron.

Verified Member
http://www.northsidebaseb...opic.php?f=2&t=54146

Now the Cubs fans are on Macha for 'wanting MLB investigate Dempster's plunking of Braun'. They really are reading a lot into what Macha said there, he just said he doesn't know if anyone looked into it or not and that turns into Macha asking for an investigation I guess.

Say what?

From the Chicago Sun-Times:

The fact that MLB chose to review Ryan Dempster's up-and-in pitch to Milwaukee Brewers showboat slugger Ryan Braun on Friday after Brewers manager Ken Macha whined about it over the weekend caught the Cubs off-guard.

''I read something about it today, and it surprised the heck out of me,'' Cubs manager Lou Piniella said of the pitch that was ruled to hit Braun in the helmet as he squared to bunt (replays showed the pitch hit Braun's bat). ''We never even gave it a second thought. Remember, when you're bunting, you're basically going into the pitch. ... One thing is for certain: You've got to tie Braun up from time to time. If you don't, he's going to feast on you.''

No discipline was expected from the review, but with seven hit batters in six games between the teams this season, one MLB official suggested umpires might be put on alert when the teams play next (July 2-5 at Wrigley Field).

Archived