Brewer Fanatic

Cardinals TV announcer calls Brewers disrespectful

apirk

Wow, so basically Davidson stepped past his rights as an ump because Molina was going to go way past his rights as a player? I thought the fan was being obnoxious, but I don't see how what Davidson did was within his rights. Maybe someone will uncover that umps can eject fans that don't enter the field of play, but I couldn't find it in the MLB rulebook.

I wish all the Cardinals' whining didn't result in preferential treatment.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who cares. More important things to worry about in the world.

Well, of course. This isn't mostimportantproblemsfacingtheworldfan.net. I just think this is a crappy precedent to set, if that's indeed what has happened with Davidson ejecting a fan.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I just read the article on ESPN and apparently it was homophobic slurs. But the thing that got me was Davidson's quote at the end of the article.

I'm not going to post a link to the site. I think we all know how to find it. I would suggest that we do not discuss the individual's name as he may, for all we know, may be a member of this site. Thank you.

Not to go off on a tangent, but his name is part of the public record now. We should be able to discuss it.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Due to his whining about it, I predict that that line will come back to haunt Molina until the end of time. He'll hear it at every road game. There will be signs, T-shirts, etc. Had he just played baseball, and not whined, He'd probably never hear it again.

Edit: The mileage the Cubs fans alone are going to get out of this is staggering.

Anyone else think Davidson is trying to shield himself from criticism by describing the comment as "homophobic". If anything aren't Molina and Davidson the "homophobic" ones for over reacting? Why else would this particular comment deserve the over-the-top reaction?

He was on the radio last night and he said the line that got him tossed was

"How do you like making a living on your knees"

Obliviously you can understand the meaning of it, but nearly enough to get tossed from the game.

Now that's funny. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif

Ottow gets blotto, and kicked out of game. If he's a user on here, so be it. He shouldn't be able to bask in his anonymity. Hope the $165 was worth it. Frankly, if I were sitting in the area, I'd want him kicked out too, but much earlier. Classless fan, but it happens.

I live in St. Louis, so I've tried really hard to ignore the Cardinals' sanctimony. I mean, a bunch of my friends are Cardinals fans, and I like going to Busch. But this is some kind of classic:

http://www.stltoday.com/s...4-a53c-7f7c159fd0fe.html

Dave Duncan rips Davidson, which I think is both right and somewhat gutsy. But in doing so, he somehow manages to pontificate about how the Brewers don't do things the right way:

"I can't believe the Brewers didn't make some kind of statement. The fan pays his money to come in. Part of the game is heckling."

In the name of everything holy and decent, just stop. Quit with the pronouncements from on high. Nobody cares about the unwritten rules you keep perpetuating and/or making up. Just go away.

(I'm not even going to get into how insufferable the Cards' TV guys are. I turn on the game, and I immediately feel my brain cells starting to kill themselves so they don't have to experience another moment of horror.)

He was on the radio last night and he said the line that got him tossed was

Obliviously you can understand the meaning of it, but nearly enough to get tossed from the game.

In my opinion, it is an absolute travesty that this guy was ejected from the game and ticketed for this remark. Though it can be interpreted many ways, at it's face- it is not vulgar or a slur of any kind. I think the umpire and the catcher need to get over themselves.

I live in St. Louis, so I've tried really hard to ignore the Cardinals' sanctimony. I mean, a bunch of my friends are Cardinals fans, and I like going to Busch. But this is some kind of classic:

http://www.stltoday.com/s...4-a53c-7f7c159fd0fe.html

Dave Duncan rips Davidson, which I think is both right and somewhat gutsy. But in doing so, he somehow manages to pontificate about how the Brewers don't do things the right way:

"I can't believe the Brewers didn't make some kind of statement. The fan pays his money to come in. Part of the game is heckling."

In the name of everything holy and decent, just stop. Quit with the pronouncements from on high. Nobody cares about the unwritten rules you keep perpetuating and/or making up. Just go away.

If you read the entire quote I think Duncan stating the Brewers should be upset one of their paying fans was ejected.

"But consider the source. He threw out a fan. When did you last

see a fan thrown out of the game? I can't ever remember seeing

it. I can't believe the Brewers didn't make some kind of statement.

The fan pays his money to come in. Part of the game is

heckling."

You're reading WAY too much into this.

RockCoCougars[/b]]
jwill535[/b]]He was on the radio last night and he said the line that got him tossed was

In my opinion, it is an absolute travesty that this guy was ejected from the game and ticketed for this remark. Though it can be interpreted many ways, at it's face- it is not vulgar or a slur of any kind. I think the umpire and the catcher need to get over themselves.

Thats the kind of heckling I don't mind. Sure its not too clever or player specific, but he can yell it and it will go over kid's heads. Much better than Carp dropping an F-bomb everyone in the first 50 rows can hear.

I agree with Duncan...I think it is ridiculous that the Brewers, MP security, and/or the Sheriffs dept are taking orders from MLB umpires and putting people in handcuffs for creative heckling.

OTOH, Froemming, with his the umpire is always right and gotta protect the women and children comments is another matter... "Davidson did what you do when there's profanity in the stands with women and children sitting there..." Give me a break!

I don't know if it's an age thing, the fact that I'm pretty much zero homophobic, or that I was always a union man and believe strongly in worker's rights but when I hear "make your living on your knees," the first thing that pops into my head is that he's accusing Molina of being weak and groveling; a pawn or a puppet as it were.

(Note: That has got to be the longest single sentence I've ever written, but for the life of me I just can't see a way to break it up.)

Again, if that is the line that got him thrown out, you should be able to see right through both Molina and Davidson with as thin as their skin is.

Nottso, if I were offended by by the actual meaning of the sentence, you interpretation wouldnt even be a blip on my offensive radar. You would be giving Molina way to much respect metal wise if you think he would have come up with that.

Have Bob Davidson/Yadier Molina ever been to a college sporting event? An NFL game? And, I agree with Nottso -- the homophobic slant is only one modality of interpretation. I have a strong feeling that Froemming was defending another incompetent member of their special "fraternity." Yuck.

I care way too much about this issue.

Archived