Brewer Fanatic

Cardinals TV announcer calls Brewers disrespectful

apirk
  • Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's either that or kids shows. I did just switch to CNBC, though.

I recommend Wonder Pets.

I was just telling my wife last night that I like Wonder Pets. Apparently, Shane Battier does, too. After the Bucks' win in Atlanta during the playoffs, he explained why the Bucks won by actually singing, "What's gonna work? Team work?"

My daughter is into Dora, Diego, and Wonder Pets mostly right now. Her interest cycles between Playhouse Disney, PBS, and Nick Jr. We're entrenched in the Nick Jr. phase at the moment. She's playing a Dora game on the computer as I type this and a Dora bedding set is scheduled to arrive via Fedex today.

I thought about this thread last week after that Chris Carpenter / Carlos Lee incident.

For those that didn't see what happened, Carlos Lee hit a pop up and slammed his bat out of frustration. Carpenter didn't appreciate the gesture and started barking at him. Benches cleared, but nothing major happened.

LaRussa postgame: “Routinely now, hitters pop up a pitch that they think they should do something with and they start making noises,” said Cardinals manager Tony La Russa. “That really is disrespectful to the pitcher. Most of the pitchers just turn around and ignore it and Carp’ doesn’t. I think Carp is in the right. I think the respect should go both ways."

Ahh, LaRussa and the "respect" card. This reminded me of Albert Pujols whining about Carlos Villanueva's fist pump and yell after getting a bases-loaded inning-ending popup in 2008. St Louis has some great players that are really fun to watch...too bad they make it so hard to root for them.

Edit: Link to Article

That article leaves out a big quote from the other side.

Lee said Carpenter was yelling after giving up an RBI single to Lance

Berkman in the at-bat prior to Lee's.

"I guess he's allowed to yell and say anything he wants because when

Lance got that hit, he was screaming and yelling and saying all kinds of

stuff out there," Lee said. "But as a hitter, we can't get emotional?

Why? I got a pitch to hit and got mad because I should have hit it and I

popped it up. I got mad at myself."

The Cardinals' hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Good lord, Cardinals. Just shut up. Shut up. Carpenter's as bad a whiner as they have.

Interesting. So players can't be happy when they do succeed OR be upset

when they don't.

No no! You've got it all wrong -- they just need to submit it to the Batican for approval first. Pope Tony must approve.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Interesting. So players can't be happy when they do succeed OR be upset

when they don't.

Almost. You can do whatever the hell you want as long as you've earned the right to do it. All of the Cardinals have. Everyone else hasn't.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

• 3 months later...
Just a clear case of someone thinking their poo-jols don't stink. Question, and maybe I am way off here, but have these dopes ever dropped the respect hammer on a white boy? Except for the time they chastised the entire brewer team, they always seem to target the black/latino/etc players. I say this realizing their best player is Albert.

• 3 weeks later...
I didn't want to start a new thread, but as the self-appointed Guardians of Baseball, it is hilarious that I have NEVER seen Yadier run out a ground ball. NEVER. Ridiculous.

"A gentleman will walk but never run." --Sting.

Apparently Davidson tossed the fan behind home plate last night because Classy Ben Molina complained about being heckled. Keep in mind (according to the fan) that no profanity was being used.
I don't know if an absence of profanity means that no lines were crossed (and we don't know exactly what the fan said), but I won't lie: my absolute first thought upon learning that the ejected fan had been heckling Yadi was something like, "how thick is his skin?" I also admit to wondering if Molina's absence from the lineup tonight has anything to do with last night's action.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I read he was yelling some homophobic slurs.

He should have just ripped into him for his stupid eyebrows...although Yadier is probably proud of his lack of eye hair.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I read he was yelling some homophobic slurs.

He should have just ripped into him for his stupid eyebrows...although Yadier is probably proud of his lack of eye hair.

Well..........oh well. I've heard much worse at a ballpark. I'm not condoning it, but at the same time, I wonder why Classy (Yadier http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif ) couldn't have just ignored it.

Has anyone ever gone to a Mallards game, and heard the 'heckling' that goes on there? That stuff is both BRUTAL and hilarious. I don't remember a single thing I heard at the Mallards games I've been to that's fit to post here.

I just read the article on ESPN and apparently it was homophobic slurs. But the thing that got me was Davidson's quote at the end of the article.

I'm not going to post a link to the site. I think we all know how to find it. I would suggest that we do not discuss the individual's name as he may, for all we know, may be a member of this site. Thank you.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Archived