Brewer Fanatic

Cardinals TV announcer calls Brewers disrespectful

apirk
  • Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And as I posted in the IGT, there was no untuck tonight after the Brewers win. It's pretty clear it was a Cameron thing. Of course, I fully expect everyone associated with the Cardinals to ignore that fact.

Don't you see? The scorn from baseball's almighty righteous ones has shown the Brewers the true Way to Play the Game ®
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

• 2 weeks later...

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/dailypitch/post/2010/04/larussa-and-carpenter-steamed-at-d-backs-/1

It is no longer acceptable to pitch high and tight anymore. Chris Carpenter spoke. So shall it be written, so shall it be done.

"I know he didn't try to hit me, but don't put your glove up there. Throw the ball down and away. Anytime you throw the ball up there like that it's unacceptable."

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/dailypitch/post/2010/04/larussa-and-carpenter-steamed-at-d-backs-/1

It is no longer acceptable to pitch high and tight anymore. Chris Carpenter spoke. So shall it be written, so shall it be done.

"I know he didn't try to hit me, but don't put your glove up there. Throw the ball down and away. Anytime you throw the ball up there like that it's unacceptable."

Isn't it about time he goes on the DL?

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

Isn't it about time he goes on the DL?

LOL. Also fans down here are mad about the Cardinals great start because they are "hitting too many HRs." That's what you get from your fans when you congratulate them for applauding sac bunts.

Larussa and co. want it both ways.. Preach on playing "the right way" then slow the game down to 4+ hours with 1000 "situational" pitching changes, and make use of every one of baseball's "unwritten rules" yourself, then UNLEASH THE KRACKEN if someone turns the tables. .

But most of all it's this idiotic notion that this team and their fans somehow fell right out of a Norman Rockwell painting that is getting really friggen tiresome.. Shut up, the fans are just as unruly and knob-tastic as any around, no one can claim divinity anymore...

When did cardinal baseball become synonymous with whining cry babies? It's one thing to take issue with one team or one situation quite another when you have a problem with everyone else. Maybe they should start to realize what the rest of the league already knows. They are the ones who don't have a clue how the game is supposed to be played.
There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

I don't know. I think part of it is LaRussa being crotchety old manager; and I think part of it is that their fanbase thinks that they are the New York Yankees of the NL. The sense of entitlement and "holier than thou" attitude displayed by many of them has really gotten old and over the top, quite frankly. They seem to think that fluke World Series Championship run in 2006 has given them some sort of cache to present themselves as perennial champions.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

A little off topic but following that last comment I would just like to point out that the Packers are the Yankees of the NFL and I really dont think any fans in the country besides division rivals have any problems with us (not counting that whole Brett thing)

The Packers are definitely hated a good amount if you move around the country. And it goes far beyond division rivals. Yes, lots of people all over this country love the Green Bay Packers, but a large group of people hate them, too. I've been in lots of different places and that's just the truth. They were absolutely loathed in the 1950s and 60s, but plenty of people still despise the Packers.

The Packers are definitely hated a good amount if you move around the country. And it goes far beyond division rivals. Yes, lots of people all over this country love the Green Bay Packers, but a large group of people hate them, too. I've been in lots of different places and that's just the truth. They were absolutely loathed in the 1950s and 60s, but plenty of people still despise the Packers.
I think it's a religious thing though. I'm pretty sure the First Church of Satan requires that you hate the Packers.

In my opinion, payroll, resources, competitive balance in the sport, and public ownership exclude the Packers from being compared to the Yankees....unless you're talking championships like Topper was.

Loathed in the 1950's? The Packers were generally bad in the 1950's and pretty much ignored. Besides prior to the 1960's, pro football was far behind baseball and college football in popularity. Lombardi arriving in 1959 coincided with the NFL becoming a TV staple. Before that, the NFL wasn't that big a deal in many parts of the country. Once they became repeat champs, sure they became targets from other teams fans but that didn't happen right away.. But the Packers appealed to many from smaller towns around the country for the very reason that Green Bay was such a small city.

My main point was that if you ask some random AFC fan they would have no reason to dislike the packers considering they have the most NFL titles, but any baseball fan has a good reason to hate the Yankees because of their competitive advantage or the Cardinals because they think that they have the most educated fans and are the only humans capable of understanding why it is good to move a runner to 3rd with a groundout to 2nd and then know how to show everyone how smart they are by clapping when that happens.

I think it is generally rare for Packer fans to brag about having the most storied franchise/most storied stadium/most die hard fans/greatest coach ever even though these are all pretty much the case.

Getting back to the thread topic, although the Brewers untucked their jerseys for every win against every team only the cardinals decided that this was direspectful to their storied franchise with the most NL WS titles and the lowly brewers with only 1 pennant should not untuck their jerseys against the cardinals, but when they do it against other teams it is ok.

I think it is generally rare for Packer fans to brag about having the most storied franchise/most storied stadium/most die hard fans/greatest coach ever even though these are all pretty much the case.
Are you kidding me? That's all I hear. I get blasted for not being a packer fan because they're storied/stadium/best fans etc. That's what makes me hate them more.

And there are plenty of us that hate the packers.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

I hate the Packers and I have lived in Wisconsin all my life. Stems fro high school. Have hated them since Majikowski. Country music as well. Achy Breaky Heart forever cemented my hate of country music.

Edit: Forgot Garth Brooks. He sucks too.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

• 4 weeks later...

Bumping for something that perturbed me from last night/this morning.

I think it's laughable how the Brewers get nit-picked by the national media for every little thing that could be construed as begin "disrespectful," or "classless," yet players on other teams get away with stuff all the time. On ESPN First Take this morning Dana Jacobson (who I normally like just fine) actually complimented Jonny Gomes on his pose after socking the 3-run homer last night. She said a couple times how great it was. Uh, what? In the meantime, Ryan Braun admiring a homer maybe once his rookie year and once his second year and has been labeled as a cocky showboat ever since.

I don't like it when guys constantly showboat, but at the same time, I really don't care if someone admires a shot every so often. You're allowed to enjoy playing. But the double standard is getting pretty sick.

Archived