Brewer Fanatic

Cardinals TV announcer calls Brewers disrespectful

apirk

Yes he did. It wasn't directed at us, but more about how Cardinals are traditional and how La Russa manages the right way. (And is pro-beaning). The Card fans on the tour seemed to be very uncomfortable, as it awas a big awkward. Basically we were talking about how we all have the mutual hate for Cubs, but then he went on about how the Cards (especially La Russa) hates us due to the disrespect.

But let me state again, that the tour (beyond those few minutes) was awesome. The the guide (even though he got a bit preachy) was very friendly, answered all my questions, and was a nice guy. Just was weird that it came up. They did have a bunch of 82 WS stuff, made me sad.

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was in St. Louis last weekend for the Packer game, and also took the tour. You must have had a different tour guide. We had an older guy (who was obsessed with Stan Musial, but that's his prerogative) but he had more fun ribbing the Cubs fans on the tour for giving them Lou Brock, which was totally cool with me. I thoroughly enjoyed the tour.

A picture I took from the field:

http://images.yuku.com/image/jpeg/41d15f4295eb2cff49b1f8a5177f101f5a7242d.jpg

Gruber Lawffices

It is interesting listening to Uecker when they play the Cardinals. He got a series ring with them and is as old school as they come so I doubt he has an axe to grind. But he sounds like he's had it with all the sanctimony. On the pine tar whining: "I guess if Smolz can't get it over and Arroyo can there must be something wrong if you're the Cardinals." "Dusty Baker said where I come from if you accuse someone of cheating you better be able to back it up. We didn't hear anything yesterday." When Pujols grounds out after they booed Prince on a groundout: "Pujols with a light jog down to first; they aren't booing that." A nice tweak at the end of Friday's game: "Some changes now in the 9th inning. Adam Wainwright is in the parking lot." In the first series in May when Wellemeyer was getting bombed in the 1st: "Molina now out to talk with Wellemeyer. He's telling him to pull his shirt out of his pants right now."

Interesting to see that Pujols set the season assist record for first basemen on Sunday. I wonder if that explains why he went too far to his right for grounders a couple times earlier in the series. He messed up both and both led to runs including the winning runs on Sat.

Booing Prince on the grounder was really poor form. He was all twisted up and actually fell over. By the time he got up, the second basemen already had the ball. I wouldn't have run either. He was probably embarrassed.

Point, we may have had the same tour guide. His name was Jay. We were the two most talkative people on the tour, and we had no problem with playful ribbing (hey you Brewers fans, check out the 82 flag, etc). It was the lecture that really made it weird. The tour guide shook our hand at the end, though.

• 4 months later...

The classy Ryan Franklin has a problem with MLB's no weapons policy. No, that was not supposed to be in blue.

Closer Ryan Franklin is among the large number of avid outdoorsmen on the Cardinals roster and on Saturday expressed disappointment in Major League Baseball's recent directive prohibiting certain weapons, including all firearms, from the clubhouse.

"There are a few guys that screwed it up for everybody," Franklin said. "If it wasn't for the NFL guy a couple years ago bringing a weapon into a nightclub ... you've just got to be smart."

Link

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

So he has a problem with leaving his guns in his vehicle? If they banned them completely from the park I could see how that would be a problem if people wanted to go out to their hunting cabin after the game or something. Not sure why there would be a need to bring them in the clubhouse though.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Maybe they have rats in the clubhouse. Really big ones with sharp teeth.
Is that a veiled reference to LaRussa? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Funny thought: Someone needs to wear a delivery man outfit (think UPS) to a game and stop by the Cards dugout wall before the game saying that you have another shipment of HGH for the batting coach. I would love to see the reaction...
@BrewCrewCritic on Twitter "Racing Sausages" - "Huh?"

Funny thought: Someone needs to wear a delivery man outfit (think UPS) to a game and stop by the Cards dugout wall before the game saying that you have another shipment of HGH for the batting coach. I would love to see the reaction...
Haha, this made me laugh out loud at work. Well done.

Haha, this made me laugh out loud at work. Well done.
I'm thinking the Doorman...
"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

I have half a mind to put together a giant syringe (in pieces) and put it together once I get to my seat and then pull it out and put it together and hang it over the railing. I just wonder how the cardinals announcers are going to explain how what Mac did is showing class and being respectful of the game.

• 1 month later...

Archived