Brewer Fanatic

Cardinals TV announcer calls Brewers disrespectful

apirk
Speaking of the Brewers vs Cardinals rivalry. On FS Wisconsin right now they are replaying the "Memorial Day Duel" between the two clubs. I was at Miller Park for that game and I have to say it was maybe the best or for sure one of the best and most memorable games I have seen in person. Gallardo and Carpenter were both incredible that day.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
OK, the comments are pretty funny....granted, I'm not a big fan of planned celebrations, but come on! That's really what you're going to get your undies in a bunch over? Your hero points to the heavens when he hits a homer, and that's OK? Oh wait, it's because it's not planned, right? He just spontaneously thanks God every time he hits a homer? Why doesn't he spontaneously thank God when he hits a single, double, or a triple? Are they not as important?

I'm really fighting the temptation to sign up, not to troll, just to ask them why they insist on getting so bent out of shape over something that has nothing to do with their team. Although I guess to them that would constitute trolling. I wonder if those people have ever had an ounce of fun in their lives. Probably not, because apparently fun = classless.

Someone should remind them that sports is ENTERTAINMENT. I don't know about you guys, but I was quite entertained.

Their team might win the World Series, but ours has a soul.

The team celebration was the cherry on the top of a very enjoyable game and I refuse to even look at that stltoday thread, lest their opinions mar the fine day we had at the ballpark.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I hate Cardinals fans more than Cubs fans.

Cub fans are just drunk idiots.

Cards fans are pompous jack-asses, who think no one knows the game better than them.

I can't believe I was actually rooting for them in the last WS they were in, because they were in the Brewers division. Never again.

Granted, I'm not a very big fan of celebrating too much in baseball...but reading the comments I'm surprised no one asked what the difference is between what the Brewer's did and what most teams do after a walk off of any kind, mainly, jumping around like idiots on the plate mauling the run-scorer. Is there really any difference? No...They're both planed, one just happens to be more 'traditional'. In fact, the Brewers celebration seemed...less...abrasive than the typical walk-off celebration.

The team celebration was the cherry on the top of a very enjoyable game and I refuse to even look at that stltoday thread, lest their opinions mar the fine day we had at the ballpark.

My, what an awesome new avatar you have, hawing. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

My, what an awesome new avatar you have, hawing. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Not that you can see it, but it's my laptop's new desktop background. I imagine that'll last a while.

Not that you can see it, but it's my laptop's new desktop background. I imagine that'll last a while.
A similar shot is my background as well. My wife was a little surprised that I had found the picture already. I thought she knew how obsessed some of us were. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Hawing, I read your post without realizing it was you, so I totally missed your new avatar. I have a feeling my husband will add that picture to his plethora of desktop wallpapers. Heck, it may even replace his current wallpaper of us in Alaska, at least for a little while. But I'm okay with that.

After visiting St. Louis earlier this month, this culture clash is a lot easier to understand.

While the pre-game festivities are laden with the PA announcements and jock jams typical of other 21st century sports venues, once the first pitch is thrown, it's dead silent. The Cardinals fans will not be bothered with such modern inventions such as the organ, you can literally hear a pin drop when Pujols isn't at the plate or they're congratulating Molina hustling out a clutch GIDP.

While I have personally witnessed a younger trend in younger, less experienced Brewers fans in the last few years, you could dump a container ship full of Chinese infants into Busch Stadium without the median age taking a major hit. You have to commend them for their steadfast-worthiness, but it'd be interesting to see what their fanbase would be like without years of winning and KMOX creating a captive audience.

But seriously, different strokes for different folks. The "O and I would literally LOVE for someone to jack Braun in the face, the kid needs it." do little more than to reinforce the stereotype, though.

I will be actively rooting against them the rest of the way.
Starting today! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Here is what my mother (who is more introverted than I am, which is saying something) had to say about Sunday's game-ending celebration:

I know some were saying it was "showoff-y" but I thought it was just having fun - baseball is supposed to be fun.
I appreciate tomwopat's insight (which doesn't make me any more eager to ever visit Busch), but I'm going to side with my mom.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

According to the San Francisco Chronicle, Ron Wotus wasn't too pleased with the Brewers' celebration.

"Did you see that celebration?" bench coach Ron Wotus asked. "You would like to think professionals would have a lot more respect for the game and their opponents. That was choreographed."

Did Wotus ever work with La Russa? ;-)

Of course it was choreographed. What's the big deal? People are acting like the Brewers took so much time to plan this. Could it have even taken more than 30 seconds to organize? "Hey guys... the next time someone hits a walk-off home run, he'll jump on home plate and everyone else will fall to the ground." Done. Choreography complete.

Archived