Brewer Fanatic

Cardinals TV announcer calls Brewers disrespectful

apirk

Awesomeness from the comments section on that article:

I dont see what the big deal is with them brewers untucking there shirts. If we win then they cant untuck them. Seriously I think our fans are about the only ones that whine and cry about it every single time. If they did it only against us then yes I would have a problem with it. I meen as a life long Cards fan I hate to say it but we have one of the biggest disrepectful things in mlb history from our franchise (Big Mac and his roids). Plus Larussa looked away from steroids on his teams for over 15 years, but that seems to be over looked. So i say everyone stop being babys and lets score 15 runs against them tonight and that way they cant untuck there jerseys.

- GGGGOOOO Cards 11:41 am May 26th, 2009

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A rivalry that has its roots in Milwaukee's public awe and open emulation of the St. Louis Cardinals franchise a few years ago has turned decidedly spicy.

I don't know how this type of arrogance is any more respectful to us than how a group of players celebrates a victory against them. A group, by and large, built "the right way." Through good drafting and player development. This is how the game is supposed to be played. By a team that grew up together and learned to play hard, to the end, to win by any and all means available and take no prisoners yet find ways to enjoy it for the game it is.

If the St Louis fans or team can't accept the way this team celebrates maybe they should just shut up and leave long suffering franchise to enjoy this stretch as much as they enjoyed all the winning years they have had. We didn't have the audacity to tell them how to enjoy their glory years nor did we pee in their Cheerios when hit happened. Now we would appreciate the same from them now. We as long suffering fans love it. If they can't deal with it then the hell with them. I, for one, have no intention of letting their arrogance cast a shadow on our moment in the sun.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Backupcatchers wrote:

If the St Louis fans or team can't accept the way this team celebrates maybe they should just shut up and leave long suffering franchise to enjoy this stretch as much as they enjoyed all the winning years they have had. We didn't have the audacity to tell them how to enjoy their glory years nor did we pee in their Cheerios when hit happened. Now we would appreciate the same from them now. We as long suffering fans love it. If they can't deal with it then the hell with them. I, for one, have no intention of letting their arrogance cast a shadow on our moment in the sun.

Yeah...the Cardinals have had plenty of success in recent times, while the Brewers went through a much longer stretch of futility. Now that their team is on a bit of a downswing while the Brewers are playing winning baseball, you'd think they could just accept it, since that's how things usually go in sports. Some of them are almost starting to sound like Yankees fans in how they think they're entitled to dominate the division year after year, regardless of what other teams are doing to get better.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
It looks like in that photo Russ Springer is levitating Pujols.
Levitation is really classless.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Has this gone too far? Maybe.

Bottom line is that it'll be fun as long as we're winning. Like I said in my blog, the Brewers' obsession (*wink wink*) with the Cardinals has to stop, and the Cardinals aren't going to stop it, as they're too busy crying about it. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Milwaukee outfielder Ryan Braun, who momentarily thought about doing a snow angel at Busch Stadium last week after a diving catch, said he...

So we can't even think about something that might offend the other team now?

Honestly on that Braun catch I remember wondering to myself if he rolled over in that manner bc his shoulder was kind of pinned akwardly underneath.

But clearly Ryan was just looking for another way to piss in TLR's coffee. Yeah, coffee... that's it.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

After thinking about this line more

A rivalry that has its roots in Milwaukee's public awe and open emulation of the St. Louis Cardinals franchise a few years ago has turned decidedly spicy.

I think I see the disconnect. they thought they were teaching us how to win the right way while we thought we were teaching them how to lose with dignity and class. Learning is a two way street. They don't think we learned the lessons they taught us while we know they didn't learn the ones we taught them.

As has been pointed out plenty of times they are as big a show boaters as any so it seems we did learn how to win from them. They had no more class while on top than we do. The key is they have much less class when they lose than we did all those years. Guess all that means is we are by far the classier organization. We know how to both win and lose with class. They only know how to win with it.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Going back to the 80s I can't help thinking about STL pitcher Joaquin Andujar or "Walking Underwear" as was popular among us uncultured Brewers fans back then.

He was emblematic of the class of those 80's Cardinal teams. I especially loved when he'd gracefully extend his hand towards an opposing player after striking them out in the form of an elegant firearm discharging its unmistakably finely crafted bullet. I also appreciated his respect for baseball when he skillfully demolished the water closet of the KC Royals visitors clubhouse after STL's Game 7 World Series loss in 1985.

Thank you St Louis for setting the standards for us rubes from Milwaukee.

"

I think I see the disconnect. they thought they were teaching us how to win the right way while we thought we were teaching them how to lose with dignity and class. Learning is a two way street. They don't think we learned the lessons they taught us while we know they didn't learn the ones we taught them. "

I love this, thank you Backupcatchers.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Going back to the 80s I can't help thinking about STL pitcher Joaquin Andujar or "Walking Underwear" as was popular among us uncultured Brewers fans back then.
Agreed. Someone called them out on that in the blog. They like bringing up all the classy players from their history (Hornsby, Brock, Ozzie, Gibson, Musial, etc.) but they conveniently forget about Andujar. I'm sure they weren't up in arms over his antics in those days.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Listening to 540 ESPN this afternoon, I was surprised to hear from a few Brewers fans who seem bothered by the untucking thing. I don't really see why fans of our team would really mind it, let alone fans of other clubs. It's just a simple little celebration thing...I don't get what the big deal is one way or another.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

How about having one of your players do backflips onto the field, that can't be classy. (I say that as someone who thinks Smith is one of the classier guys to have played the game btw).

Archived