Brewer Fanatic

Cardinals TV announcer calls Brewers disrespectful

apirk
  • Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I made sure to boo Pujols everytime he came up to bat yesterday because players that Cadillac home runs and then feel that it's a crime for other players to do it as well aren't really high on my list of favorite players. I'm enjoying this current streak against the Cards because that's the best way to respond to a pompous player like Pujols: beat him.

The sprinting into the clubhouse thing was most certainly a dig at the Cards for whining to the media and I loved it. Booo friggin, hoo. A team celebration is a team celebration. Who cares what they do, exactly? The game is over.

The sprinting into the clubhouse thing was most certainly a dig at the Cards for whining to the media and I loved it. Booo friggin, hoo. A team celebration is a team celebration. Who cares what they do, exactly? The game is over.

Thumbs up.

I also agree that we should pin this thread for the rest of the season.

I never thought there would be a team I disliked more than the Cubs in this division, but St. Louis is well on the way.

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

What will happen is the Cards will drill one of ours, warnings will go out to both benches, and we'll be unable to do anything about it - short of sending in Big Red. It's the classy Cardinal thing to do.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
My take on the Braun hating by PIT, CHC, and STL is that they just get a little pissed because he's good. Kinda like how some of us don't care for Pujols.
Some may think that way, but Pujols was actually one of my favorite non-Brewer players. Rags-to-riches type player (later round draft pick) that got there by working his butt off. I routed against him, but I respected him and wished he was a Brewer.

Then the Villenueva incident came. Anytime a good player starts to show arrogance, it really turns me off.

Molina untucked his shirt before getting into the dug out he also forgot some of his equipment. Maybe he should have just stripped down completely to let that ump know who really is in charge during a game!
That would make sense since most guys that shape their eyebrows like he does work in the clothes stripping industry.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

This just in! Cardinal announcers found out that after running into the dugouts last night, all players and coaches untucked their shirts in the locker rooms! And even worse is that an unnamed source was quoted as saying they will do it again tonight, win or lose!

And that untucking has increasingly become a symbol of the teams' distaste for one another. The Brewers whipping out of their shirttails after a victory started by Mike Cameron as an ode to his father who would do the same after coming home from work.

Hey at least they have the facts straight this time. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

"We just decided to celebrate inside," Cameron told Haudricourt. "We've been working on it for awhile now."

Mike Cameron, Captain Awesome of Planet Rocknroll.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I added a couple of comments to that blog. The whole thing's just stupid. All they need to do to not see those horrible, disrespectful brewers untuck their jerseys is win a game for once. (Except for TLR), I've always pulled for the Cards because I enjoy the city and (generally) think that they have the best and most knowledgeable fans in the game. I know there's always a few bad apples, but when the TEAM starts spazzing out about it, it's just too much.

At some point the small-market aspect of the Brewers will catch up, and we'll have to go through a rebuilding phase again. Then, StL can lay down some cardboard and breakdance after victories all they want.

They speak of the "awe" Brewers fans feel for the St. Louis franchise. I have never felt awe for any team that's come to County Stadium or Miller Park. But to be specific, I have actual "contempt" for the La Russa Cardinals teams and the free pass they've gotten with bad off-the-field behavior and with performance-enhancing drugs. It's the elephant in the room that no one talks about because, gosh, their fans are so knowledgeable and La Russa is so otherworldly. Feh. I know a racketeering influenced corrupt organization when I see one.

A rivalry that has its roots in Milwaukee's public awe and open emulation of the St. Louis Cardinals franchise a few years ago has turned decidedly spicy.

Really is that it???...somehow I don't think so. I think it has more to do with discovering what a bunch of arrogant whiners that franchise consists of.

A rivalry that has its roots in Milwaukee's public awe and open emulation of the St. Louis Cardinals franchise a few years ago has turned decidedly spicy.

Really is that it???...somehow I don't think so. I think it has more to do with discovering what a bunch of arrogant whiners that franchise consists of.

Emulation, how? I don't remember Macha running through 5 pitchers an inning or goading anyone into a beanball war. If by "emulation" they mean "learning how better to score more runs and limit runs given up", then yes, we're copycats.

If I were breaking this down to high school psychology: this is like when the nerd suddenly becomes popular and the jocks need to puff out their chests to assert dominance.

Their incredulousness comes from their insecurity because maybe, just maybe, the lowly Brewers have a better team than them.

I like how they keep clinging to their World Series win from 3 years ago. I think they forgot that those championships don't carry over from year-to-year indefinitely.

If only all they clung to was 3 years ago, Invader... check out this comment

The cards just need to win to shut the Brewers up. We have more class than they do. The shirt untucking is only a story as long as we give it life. Let them have their shirt thing, the cubs have their blue W and song. We are the best team historically in the NL and have nothing to prove or need a gimmick to make people think we are great, we are great and just need to get our offense back in gear.

That's the first comment on the article. Wow... just wow.

We're great! We just need to get back to not sucking, and we'll be fine & great again!

Their incredulousness comes from their insecurity because maybe, just maybe, the lowly Brewers have a better team than them.

http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/2634771/2/istockphoto_2634771_hitting_a_nail_on_the_head.jpg

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

But to be specific, I have actual "contempt" for the La Russa Cardinals teams and the free pass they've gotten with bad off-the-field behavior and with performance-enhancing drugs. It's the elephant in the room that no one talks about because, gosh, their fans are so knowledgeable and La Russa is so otherworldly.

Ya, TLR was surrounded by the birth of PED in baseball, and it didn't stop when he went to St. Louis. But that's not given any attention.

Archived