Brewer Fanatic

Cardinals TV announcer calls Brewers disrespectful

apirk
Verified Member
Rick horton just said the most disrespectful thing he has ever seen is when the Brewers pull out their jerseys after a win. He says this at least once a week and I really wish I could use stronger words to describe him because he is terrible. I really don't see how it is disrespectful at all.

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's focus on the statement about the untucked jerseys rather than the comparison about praising God. It puts us on a slippery slope as far as the board rules go.

Also, I believe the untucking tradition might have been the subject of recent discussion in another thread in this forum. If that's the case and someone provides a link, we might want to merge the topics.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I have no idea why that would be. Untucking your shirt seems very innocent, its not like the players are showing the other team their fingers while they do it. Maybe Rick Horton's parents were murdered by a gang of thugs with untucked shirts.

I think Bill Schroeder of all people said it best last year during a Brewers game. It was something along the lines of: "When did the Cardinals become the guardians of baseball tradition? They're throwing their helmets around and breaking bats, and complaining about untucked shirts?"
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Its hard to do research from a pedestal.

I am still at a loss how this is disrespectful, there is no gesture to the other team. Its not like the Brewers are pulling up their shirts and flashing the other team or worse reenacting the scene from Braveheart.

I don't get it. They're upset about a gesture that pays homage to Cameron's father, yet they aren't mad about the home run struts that Bill Hall and Ryan Braun put on last year in St. Louis? Get a grip.

I was watching that game as well when they discussed this. I found it funny that it was brought up right after they showed LaRussa and Baker feud over the years because that shows so much respect between the two.

This is strange. I was just thinking about this very thing.

I was down in St Louis for the Braun game winning home run last year.

I was thinking I should have called up their sports talk radio and told them to find out why they do it before bad-mouthing them for it. I doubt they have even bothered to ask that question.

Mitch Williams tonight on MLB Network said he wasn't surprised Ryan Braun gets plunked after he hits home runs. I am assuming he made that remark in regards to Braun taking his time coming out of the box and hanging his tongue out coming to first base.

That lead to Joe Magraine commenting on how the Brewers were three outs away from untucking their jerseys. I couldn't really tell if he was mentioning it because he thought it was disrespectful or just as a thing the Brewers do when they win.

Overall, the idea that untucking jerseys after a win is disrespectful is completely ridiculous. But if other teams don't like it so much, then they should just beat the Brewers and they won't have to be subjected to such a unsportsmanlike display.

Cross-posted from the IGT: I don't know how anyone can find it disrespectful given the backstory and that the game is already over (I mean, are the handshakes disrespectful?), but we know how hypocritical they are in St. Louis and how thin their skins are.

As far as Braun (and Hall) watching their homers, I can't say I'm a fan of that whatsoever, but again, they only seem to do it in dramatic crucial situations (I know, I know...) and primarily: it's not like they're the only studs in even just the NL Central to do it.

I like to think I'm pretty objective with things like this and I don't get the problem at all. If you aren't directing your celebration at your opponent, who cares?
Who cares? The Almighty Cardinals care.

Archived