Brewer Fanatic

2009-05-08 Cubs (Wells) at Brewers (Bush): 7:05 PM CDT [Brewers win, 3-2]

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From NSBB.........Earlier he Cardinals announcers called the Brewers' "untuck 'em" celebration the most disrespectful and classless thing in the game today.
There's no reason for anyone to have a problem with it. And the Brewers are not the only team in the division that does it.

From NSBB.........Earlier he Cardinals announcers called the Brewers' "untuck 'em" celebration the most disrespectful and classless thing in the game today.
There's no reason for anyone to have a problem with it. And the Brewers are not the only team in the division that does it.
Yeah, I don't get it. Does no one actually realize why they do it?

The whole Cardinals organization reminds me of a bunch of grouchy codgers, looking for things that irritate them and complain about it. They wouldn't care much about the untuckem if they would have beaten the Brewers last year. They are bitter because the Brewers have a better team right now (even though the record doesn't show it yet).

Ryan Braun is the best hitter to come through Milwaukee since Molitor and Yount
Blasphemy 2 years ago, but the absolute truth today.

Yes.. also nice that Melvin put his Money down on Braun so we get to watch him for a long time.. if he keeps this new patient approach and continues to go the the way he will win a Batting Title, HR title, and RBI title some point in his career though historically he would have to win the Batting Title soon as sluggers tend to sacrifice BA for HR as they get older..

My Man Crush on Braun gets bigger every game. You are right BA..."That's what he does", clutch just flat out clutch. Man these Cubs games stress me out. Hats off to Dave Bush too...pitched very well and kept us in the game, surely he could have gone farther. I am really digging Trevor Time too...I don't think Kendall had to move his glove one bit during the ninth...incredible control.

As for the Cardinal announcers, their St. Louis is holier than thou attitude is so annoying. They somehow think they are the keeper of the bible on how the game should be played. Of course they look the other way when their best player was a roid freak (McGuire) or their headhunting manager starts throwing at people. Annoying.

As for the fans in Milwaukee's largest suburb...yeah, you never had a clutch player do something awesome then stick his tongue out? Face it, when the Brewers play the Cubs, the best player on the field will be for sometime...Ryan Braun.

The whole Cardinals organization reminds me of a bunch of grouchy codgers, looking for things that irritate them and complain about it.
I really don't think I have a taunting personality (quite the opposite), but sheethead's quote above compels, nay, forces me to post this:

http://images.amazon.com/images/G/01/video/stills/muppets5-large.jpg

And I've got to agree with earlier posts tonight: I'm often ambivalent about Ryan's reactions to home runs, but against the Cubs, he can strut all he wants, and I'll have his back. I doubt he needs me to have his back, but I'm there.

Nice work, Brewers. Don't let up.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Community Moderator

Are these the same "classy" Cardinals fans that came up with this shirt?

http://joesportsfan.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/zambrano-mows-my-lawn1.jpg

anyone get a picture of Braun hitting that HR? The part where he sticks his tongue out is what I am mostly interested in if anyone was able to get it.

I think the better picture would be of Macha standing at the corner of the dug out holding his hand up for a high five as Braun walks by high fiving his team mates. Macha held it up there for like 15 seconds even after Braun was like ten steps away. Funniest moment of the year if you ask me.

Also Braun hits balls so hard it rips guys joints apart. WOW!

For those of you at Friday's game, how was the crowd? Given the opponent, I trust you know what I'm talking about.
We were lucky with our section being 90+% Brewer fans. Walk back to the car was quiet from the Cubs fans save for the one young lady with her "f-bomb" laced rant about the Brewers and their fans. Seemed as though most of the people around us just ignored her.

Got to admit, I missed Braun watching his homerun as all the people around us seemed to be joining in a collective high five as he rounded the bases.

As an aside...Thought about you a couple of times last night Hawing. First as my wife peered over the club level looking for you as we entered our seat until I told her that you were not making the game. Second, as we drove home in rain that almost made it impossible to see the lines on 94.

I think the better picture would be of Macha standing at the corner of the dug out holding his hand up for a high five as Braun walks by high fiving his team mates. Macha held it up there for like 15 seconds even after Braun was like ten steps away. Funniest moment of the year if you ask me.

brucrustu

My son mentioned the same exact thing as we watched the DVR this morning. We have made it a priority to see what Bill Hall has for his teammates as they come in after a homerun. Thinking Macha's high five (or lack there of) is unfortunately more of what I would get. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/ohwell.gif

Archived