Brewer Fanatic

Wilco (The Album) cover art - Mader's

MillerParkSouth

they must have done the photoshoot when they were in town in April. I happen to think this is the greatest album cover of all time, haha.

http://wilcoworld.net/news/images/wilco_album_390.jpg

"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

They shot the album cover on the day of their second show in Milwaukee last April. (April 16th if you're really really interested.) As impressed as I was with their show, I'm a bit more impressed that they got that camel to stay on those chairs long enough for at least one photo.

I wonder if this is the first album cover to incorporate Milwaukee since Citizen King did it in 1999 with Mobile Estates? They wanted to be Beck so badly. I wonder if that album was good or if I just thought it was because they were from Milwaukee and I was much younger. I'm guessing the latter.

End nostalgic reflection now...

Cool Wilco cover. I can't wait to hear the album.

Not a Wilco fan, but sweet cover.

I was living in NY when Citizen King got big around the turn of the century, and it was definitely not just a Milwaukee thing.

As for album covers that incorporate Milwaukee didn't Mase have a cover a while back where he was sporting a new Brewers hat? That should count for something.

Yup. Not on the chairs...

Exciting that Wilco would shoot their album cover in Milwaukee. Very neat.

Having said that, I've never been able to get into Wilco, and I say that as a major disciple of "alternative country".

I loved Uncle Tupelo and Wilco's collaboration with Billy Bragg on Mermaid Avenue (the Woody Guthrie tribute)... but I've just never been able to get into Wilco as Wilco.

There are so many bands that do alt-country better than Wilco. Centro-matic/South San Gabriel, Slobberbone, Drive by Truckers, Lucero, Magnolia Electric Co., etc. etc.

I respect the role Jeff Tweedy had in the movement, I just think others have done it better than him.

In fairness, I don't think Wilco tries to do alt-country--their music has transcended that label for about ten years now. I agree, though: there are several bands that are much more in-tune with the alt-country movement than Wilco has ever been.

As far as the album cover goes, it's fantastic. I was at the second Wilco show where Jeff said that they may use a photograph taken that day as the cover for their record, but I remained skeptical. It's awesome that they decided to, though.

As for album covers that incorporate Milwaukee didn't Mase have a cover a while back where he was sporting a new Brewers hat? That should count for something.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51SjhqfBknL._SS400_.jpg

Not to pile on,but as one of the previous posters pointed out I don't think that Wilco has done anything that would be considered alt-country since the Mermaid Avenue albums. When introducing people to Wilco I usually start with Yankee Hotel Foxtrot or Sky Blue Sky since they are slightly more accessible then A Ghost Is Born or their earlier album.

Sky Blue Sky was not my favorite album but has some pretty good moments. I've got high hopes for the new one. For some reason I tossed SummerTeeth into my car cd player the about 3 weeks ago. It hasn't left the player since.

I missed them on the tour that they shot this but I'm looking forward to catching them next time around.

Archived