Brewer Fanatic

2009-05-07 Brewers (Looper) at Reds (Owings): 6:05 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 6-5]

trwi7

Man, it sure looked like Nelson tied the game with that swing.

And why we have to suffer through Kendall ABs with the game on the line? Does no manager have the balls to pinch hit for him? No excuse.

Man, it sure looked like Nelson tied the game with that swing.

And why we have to suffer through Kendall ABs with the game on the line? Does no manager have the balls to pinch hit for him? No excuse.

Or Counsell with nobody on, 2 out, and down by 1; when your most realistic shot at staying alive in that situation is hitting a home run.

Cordero has owned us since leaving Milwaukee. I feel like the game is over when we go into the 8th trailing by even the slimmest margins against the Reds.

This was not a pretty game by any means, by I'll take a 3-1 road trip against division opponents. Now let's hope the bats stay alive and pitching is solid... 2 out of 3 against the Cubs would be sweet!

Kinda frustrating seeing a Votto and Phillips-less lineup (not to mention the ghostly spectres of Dunn and Junior) use their power game to beat us. Hopefully we catch up to Owings at some point but he's looking sharp so far.
After the success we had with our Counsellnino lineup in the past, I never scoff at a forfeit lineup.
It wasn't that lineup, it was that that lineup beat us primarily with two homers and a triple...that might be Taveras' only HR of the season

Yeah, had you shown me the two final scores in this series and the pitching matchups, much as I like Manny, I would have matched the 15-3 win with tonight's game and the 7-6 loss with Wednesday's. This is not to say that I can't accept a 3-1 mini-road trip.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived