Brewer Fanatic

2009-05-07 Brewers (Looper) at Reds (Owings): 6:05 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 6-5]

trwi7

Wow, the Reds have the B-Squad out there by necessity. Hopefully we can put up a few runs on Owings early like we did last time.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Verified Member
The game's on MLB Network, in case anybody is wondering.

Edit: Not only on MLB Network, but it is, and it's in HD.

Here in Atlanta, Mets/Phillies is on MLB Network.

Meh, I have MLB.TV, anyway.

Kinda frustrating seeing a Votto and Phillips-less lineup (not to mention the ghostly spectres of Dunn and Junior) use their power game to beat us. Hopefully we catch up to Owings at some point but he's looking sharp so far.

Verified Member

It looked to me like Weeks beat that throw, not sure why it is even an issue whether the 2nd baseman was on the base or dropped the ball. Furthermore how do the guys in the booth have any idea why the umpire called him safe?

FSWi replay was not much help.

It looked to me like Weeks beat that throw, not sure why it is even an issue whether the 2nd baseman was on the base or dropped the ball. Furthermore how do the guys in the booth have any idea why the umpire called him safe?

FSWi replay was not much help.

Instant Replay http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/tongue.gif

On another note, after he struck out against Janish yesterday, I had a sense that JJ would fall right back into his slump, after it looked like he was turning it around for one of his patented hot streaks.

Inner thoughts by J.J. Hardy: "if I can't win the match-up against a position player.....how am I going to do so against opposing pitchers" New found confidence dashed.

The umpire had cocked his arm and was just about to call Weeks out until he saw the ball pop out. So it would seem that the reason he was called safe was because of a dropped ball, not because Weeks beat the throw.

That was a bad call at third with Micah Owings, BTW.

Verified Member
Kinda frustrating seeing a Votto and Phillips-less lineup (not to mention the ghostly spectres of Dunn and Junior) use their power game to beat us. Hopefully we catch up to Owings at some point but he's looking sharp so far.
After the success we had with our Counsellnino lineup in the past, I never scoff at a forfeit lineup.

Verified Member
Instant Replay http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/tongue.gif
If they give the umpires the kind of replays we usually get from FS, it wouldn't be much help. Half the time they don't even slow it down.

Verified Member
The umpire had cocked his arm and was just about to call Weeks out until he saw the ball pop out. So it would seem that the reason he was called safe was because of a dropped ball, not because Weeks beat the throw.

That was a bad call at third with Micah Owings, BTW.

Right, but I've seen times where an umpire will do something like that and it is just that they changed their mind about the call at the last second.

I couldn't tell from the lousy replay they gave us on the other call.

Verified Member

So Bill says "that's why you don't run 3-1"....is that because Rickie Weeks might swing at a wild pitch on 3-2 and then...http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/ohwell.gif

Archived