Brewer Fanatic

What if Ned......

Yet CC doesn't seem to have suffered much effect from his workload late last season.

Not yet, but another year or two of being pitched that way could have put him at a high risk, regardless of his age. I had no problem with that decision (over-pitching C.C.) because it was mostly understood that he was gone at the end of the year. The difference is that Kendell is old already, so over-working him could have effects on the season at hand. With C.C. it was more of a "down the road" thing.

He understood his value to the team and was not going to short change the team or himself by trying to be he-man.

Maybe this was just rumor, but I thought I heard that Yost was going to play him as much as possible so he could pick up and extra bonus for games started.

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe this was just rumor, but I thought I heard that Yost was going to play him as much as possible so he could pick up and extra bonus for games started.

That bonus, whihc was if he made so many appearances he would have this season's contract guaranteed, was reached and his workload remained the same afterward. I think there was speculation about Yost's motives but I think it had more to do with Ned wanting the best available player than attaining enough games to guarantee his contract for this year.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Archived