Brewer Fanatic

Manny Ramirez Tests Positive for PED - Suspended 50 games

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So, will Ramirez now be among the always-getting-longer list of players that the buffoonish sportswriters will block from entering the Hall of Fame? At this rate, they may as well just stop inducting players altogether. If players like Manny Ramirez, Alex Rodriguez, Barry Bonds, Mark McGwire, and Roger Clemens aren't in there to represent this era, then there is no point because the best players aren't being showcased. I mean really, is baseball going to induct David Eckstein and Craig Counsell into the HOF to represent the best "clean" players of this era?...

I was just reading the reactions at dodgersblues.com's forum and was intrigued by the title of their version of brewerfan's major league section -- Brewers 16, Dodgers 1. Does anybody know why they would call their major league section that?

Dodger Blues is a forum for the supposedly long-time suffering, frustrated, and not to mention, foul-mouthed, Dodger fan. The entire site has a vibe of negativity and pessimism. So, their ML forum is a place to discuss "how the Dodgers suck so badly that they lost 16-1 to a pathetic team like the Brewers." I don't know if that makes sense, and I know it isn't really fitting now that the Brewers are good. It's really a jab at the Dodgers, though.

Verified Member
Deadspin has an interesting piece on the Manny story and how they were trying to break it for months. It's a good look inside media. Be careful as the language is pretty strong, and not for all eyes. As such, I won't post the link, but you can find it pretty easily.

unless you are doctor spock, you are dealing with on of your most important patient. i can't think of a professional error, not with the athlete caliber such of a manny.

you don't check one list....and oops.. the list was old...

So, will Ramirez now be among the always-getting-longer list of players that the buffoonish sportswriters will block from entering the Hall of Fame? At this rate, they may as well just stop inducting players altogether. If players like Manny Ramirez, Alex Rodriguez, Barry Bonds, Mark McGwire, and Roger Clemens aren't in there to represent this era, then there is no point because the best players aren't being showcased. I mean really, is baseball going to induct David Eckstein and Craig Counsell into the HOF to represent the best "clean" players of this era?...
Well, I think if this is true, Manny can kiss the Hall goodbye. Unless the writers turn around on their longstanding views on not inducting cheaters.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Deadspin has an interesting piece on the Manny story and how they were trying to break it for months. It's a good look inside media.

It should be noted that this piece isn't about Manny. Just in case someone reads the first half of the piece and thinks they know the whole story.

Archived