Brewer Fanatic

Manny Ramirez Tests Positive for PED - Suspended 50 games

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow...absolutely devastating news. He was one of those guys that MLB was likely counting on to be one of their "clean" guys. Sure, he's been eccentric in the past and his behavior might've caused headaches, but I don't ever recall his name being brought up before.

If A-Rod is dirty and Manny is busted, who do we go to as the best pure hitter of this generation? Pujols? Is anyone sure he's clean, too?

As dumb as Manny acts, you had to figure he's at least smart enough to avoid taking something that would get him suspended. I wonder what his excuse is, and it's likely the only reason we're hearing about the suspension now is because he appealed it and the appeal was denied.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

If A-Rod is dirty and Manny is busted, who do we go to as the best pure hitter of this generation? Pujols? Is anyone sure he's clean, too?

At this point I don't think we can assume any player who is doing super human things is clean. I don't think it's unfair to the player either. Even the clean ones looked the other way and did nothing to force their union to take cheating seriously. If they had made their union demand testing it would have never got to this point. I do feel sorry for some of the outspoken guys who openly criticized their union in the 90's like Frank Thomas but there just weren't enough of them.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Pujols is next. I've been saying it for a couple of years. He's the last "monster" left. Manny doesn't surprise me one bit.

I'm holding out hope that he isn't next. He's always been a bigger guy, just not the masher he is now. I'd like someone to be clean...anyone?

I don't understand why any player would still be taking these things. Especially a star.
Because their numbers were huge with them and they can't afford for their sake or the teams to let them decline.

*edit* Plus, Manny as an example, they make MILLIONS based off those numbers!

Pujols weighed something like 270-280 in high school. He's lost a lot of weight and works hard to keep it off. Although now that Manny was busted I supose nobody would surprise me.

I always thought Manny was clean. This is pretty shocking. MLB can now say they will suspend anyone that uses PEDs and not just virtual unknowns. They just gave a guy who was pretty much a lock to go in the Hall of Fame on the first ballot a 50 game suspension. Now I don't see him getting in on the first ballot.

At this point I don't think we can assume any player who is doing super human things is clean

With a blanket statement like that, we have to assume that Ryan Braun is dirty, since he has a pretty super start to his young career.

Can anyone say Braun's clean? Given the start of his career, it wouldn't be out of the question.

Not that I'm accusing him of anything...it just really stinks that thoughts like that can creep in when news like this comes out.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

At this point we don't have a clue who is or isn't clean and probably won't. How many players have been suspended since this testing came into place? A dozen or two? This is by far the biggest guy to get suspended but I don't think a lot of players will test positive. With that whole Balco thing they kept stating that how are testers going to test for things they don't know are out there. Every player could be dirty and we wouldn't know because there is not test to figure them out.

This is just a huge sore on on MLB, sad really.

So, when does this end?

What's in store for the future. Genetic enhancements at birth that predetermine who will grow up to be the next generation of sports superstars?

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Archived