Brewer Fanatic

Fixing Autograph Friday's...

I like the idea of using the outside ticket windows to hand out tickets or wristbands for a certain player. Another idea is to hand out random tickets with an assigned section number on them to the first __#___ fans entering at home plate. You would then go to the assigned section on your card and wait in line. They could limit the number of tickets given out with the understanding not everybody with a ticket will get an autograph or if time allows people in an overflow line would also get autographs.

Also, they need to do something about people at TGIF's getting in early.

I'm one that goes to TGIF before the autograph Friday games. The Brewers put the marquee players on the opposite side of TGIF on purpose. While I eat I see a line of 50 or so people line up for Braun and Fielder before the gates even open. Where do those people come from? Yeah, penalize me and a friend that go to TGIF and spend $50 easily. We're the ones that spend money at the park to get the free autographs.

This may be repeating someone's idea, or it may just be combining a couple different people's ideas...

I would vote for lines outside, each being watched by an usher starting at 3pm. The usher hands out tickets, each with a number, as people get in the line at the back. They have a max of 100 tickets per line, and they tell everyone that no autograph is guaranteed, it is only as time permits. A tickets only guarantees you a chance at an auto. They could open the gates at 5:15pm. A new usher would lead the line down to the appropriate section. At the front of the line, that usher would collect each person's ticket.

No one could skip because the tickets would be in order, and if you do somehow get skipped, you simply make sure to get down by the usher and let him know that you have the ticket for the X place in line when it comes up. Also, if you want to save a spot in line for someone, you have to completely give up your place in line by giving them your ticket.

Now here's a general opinion of mine:

There is a reason the dealers sell autos that are all "high-quality" (ie, in blue Sharpie on photos or in blue ballpoint pen on balls). It's because they are worth more. They're worht more because the demand is higher for them, ie more buyers of autographs want them that way. If a buyer of an autograph wants it a certain high-quality way, it is completely logical and rational that a person obtaining an autograph for himself or herself wants it the same high-quality way. JMHO.

not to jump too far off topic here, but are blue sharpied 8x10's really worth more than black? Does it matter? Does it matter that much for baseballs if it's blue or black? the players signature doesn't change color pending...

I always go with blue on balls only because I think it looks nicer. Bob Feller will tell you that blue is for the American League players and black is for the National League. That's old school. That also really isn't relevant anymore since so many guys trade off.

You don't have to reply here as I don't want to hijack peoples ideas, but if you would like PM me with any details.

i'll reply here bikeage, not a big deal, black fades more over time, and it just looks a whole lot nicer...I don't think anyone prefers black to blue...

thanks for the ideas everyone, I'm just going to the game tonight and not to autographs, so I'm wondering if it will be like last week or not, thanks for the input, and I'll try and send this to him this next week.

-Brian

The only way you stop people from running when you "ban" it is to break their legs. Sorry, but have you ever seen a Black Friday?
So you think loading up security in the front of the stadium, and kicking runners out wouldn't stop people from running? It would sure stop me from running.

The only way you stop people from running when you "ban" it is to break their legs. Sorry, but have you ever seen a Black Friday?
So you think loading up security in the front of the stadium, and kicking runners out wouldn't stop people from running? It would sure stop me from running.

I think it'd be like trying to have a cop for every citizen so that they don't break the law. There's no way security can get everyone to stop running. I don't think it's a terrible idea, I just don't think it would work.

did anyone go on friday? I couldn't get there for autographs, just went for the game, were they still sitting 10 feet away, did they have blue sharpies, could they use your pens/markers?

i was there and got yo`s auto. they were sitting about 10 feet back. i asked for sweet spot but he wouldn`t...then i asked under the mlb logo, he didn`t do that either and just signed it along the seams on the bottom of the sweet spot...oh well i guess thats the start of a team ball. they did have blue sharpies for yo. i don`t know about the other players.

Verified Member

Tables were still set back.

Blue Sharpies were there!

I got 4: Yovanni, Kyles, Stetter and Nelson.

A friend of mine got everyone but Yovanni!

Love Auto Fridays on spring games. Lines will get way to big come the summer!

Yo not on the sweetspot? I shoulda paid off my friend to get him for me at On Deck. I guess I'll have to pay for him. Glad to find that out, I had to coach last night and was kinda bummed I missed out.

You almost take it for granted that CC was sweetspotting AND inscribing CY 07 to anyone who requested it at the block party.

it was already set policy, by the time i got up there he had already denied a few people and the girl said right away when she saw the ball. i thought it was strange myself as i had never heard that he didn`t SS before. there was zero interaction between yo and myself. i said hello, thanks and good luck and he didn`t even look up. i thought he may not have felt well.

Archived