Brewer Fanatic

2009-05-06 Brewers (Parra) at Reds (Arroyo): 6:05 PM CDT [Brewers win, 15-3]

JoeH33
Which begs the question, is there really a difference between Coco pitching in the 8th or the 9th, anyway? It doesn't actually matter.
There isn't, but you know the old school guys who read "The Book" would tie themselves into knots.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Congratulations to Carlos for his first big league hit. Too bad it had to be off Janish and not a real pitcher. Still Congratulations. How crappy does Brad Nelson feel right now? Too bad he couldn't get an at bat this inning.

Last inning was a prime example of why you need to have a pitch that bends to have any MLB success. The SS was throwing 90 and hitting his spots OK and was crushed because every pitch was a fastball.

The Brewers have hit a two-run homer, a three-run homer and a grand slam. If they could have hit a solo shot, they would have hit for the home run cycle (I just made that term up).

actually, I've heard of that term before from somewhere...

The Brewers have hit a two-run homer, a three-run homer and a grand slam. If they could have hit a solo shot, they would have hit for the home run cycle (I just made that term up).

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20060811&content_id=116506&vkey=news_milb&fext=.jsp

brewdude15 wrote:
hurricanecrush wrote:

We got a guy on our softball team that has done it by himself in a game... coincidentally, this game had a bit of a softball game feel from the beginning.

Congratulations to Carlos for his first big league hit. Too bad it had to be off Janish and not a real pitcher.

When he tells his Grandkids it won't matter. He'll just be tied for the all-time MLB lead in career Batting Average. Way to go Carlos!!! That's what makes these blowouts fun.

Nice that Carlos got to touch all the bases too. Who knows on him though longer term? I personally saw Rivera the same way I see Corporan right now. As a guy that was lucky to get a chance in the big leagues but a guy that would only get a cup of coffee in the majors. Now, it looks like Rivera could well have a ten year big league career.

What a fun game. Tons of hitting including a grand slam, great defense (Duffy one of the best catches I have ever seen), Manny gets his first hit and win, and Corporan making his first appearance and getting his first hit. Good stuff! Lets keep it rollin'!

Archived