Brewer Fanatic

2009-05-06 Brewers (Parra) at Reds (Arroyo): 6:05 PM CDT [Brewers win, 15-3]

JoeH33
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think I've ever seen Cameron give less than 100% effort breaking up the double play. I give the guy credit, up 9 taking out the 2nd baseman. Corey too, nice to see him flying down the line.

Manny Parra has "no hitter stuff" according to Brian Anderson. I have no problem with BA, but isn't it just a bit ridiculous to say something like this about a guy who doesn't have a win yet? Thinking that "Parra has get the win tonight stuff" might be a bit more appropriate.

Verified Member
Manny Parra has "no hitter stuff" according to Brian Anderson. I have no problem with BA, but isn't it just a bit ridiculous to say something like this about a guy who doesn't have a win yet? Thinking that "Parra has get the win tonight stuff" might be a bit more appropriate.

I don't really think it matters if he doesn't have a win yet, but this isn't even close to Manny's best stuff.

BA says some really crazy stuff sometimes. He is probably the only person in the US who is wondering if Manny Parra is going to pitch a no-hitter after recording 6 outs and giving up a hit.

EDIT: I think it's all part of BAs plan to jinx every game no matter the circumstance.

Verified Member
Bill might be the dumbest color man in the business. Put Davey in the booth.

Might as squish four guys in the booth. Brian, Bill, Davey and Telly. Yikes. How awful would that be?

The Reds' announcers seem to have more insight on Parra than his own announcers--they thought he could easily "melt down" if he starts feeling any pressure. They did their homework, I guess.

Anyway, the Brewers have a way of making these early laughers tense by game's end, so I hope they break that habit like they seem to have their extreme road and PNC Park woes.

Archived